Thanks to the SECURE Act
You Should Be Marketing & Selling
MORE IRA Beneficiary Trusts!
Over the past 15 years, many estate planning attorneys across the country have implemented the breakthrough standalone IRA Beneficiary Trust into their practices. Not only was this trust an effective tax reduction and asset protection strategy for their clients’ beneficiaries, this trust added a much-needed, value-priced product to the attorneys’ practices.
Then, in December 2019, the SECURE Act was passed and it led many attorneys and other professionals to believe that IRA Beneficiary Trusts were now dead!
In fact, IRA Beneficiary Trust planning is arguably more important and effective than ever! But, like other updated planning strategies, you must know how the SECURE Act has created key changers to the Trust, which clients the Trust now makes sense for, and how to market and sell the Trust.
Join us and nationally renowned estate planning attorney and Ultimate Estate Planner President, Philip Kavesh, for an updated presentation entitled, “How to Market & Sell IRA Beneficiary Trusts - - After the SECURE Act”.
Phil was the inventor of the original IRS-approved IRA Inheritance Trust® and he, alongside some of the nation’s leading IRA experts, have closely followed the impact of the SECURE Act and significantly updated the Trust. Phil will share with you in this 90-minute program the following:
- Who is now the best target market for this specialized type of planning
- How to generate referrals from financial advisors, CPAs and life insurance agents
- The 3 things you should always say when in front of a prospect or client - - so you close more engagements!
- How to handle the toughest objections you’ll get, including…
- “I’ve been told by my advisor that having a Living Trust as beneficiary is good enough.”
- “Why should I even care about income tax stretchout with a Roth IRA? The distributions are tax-free anyway.”
- “I understand IRAs are already creditor and bankruptcy protected, so I don’t even need an IRA Trust.”
- “I don’t have a large IRA, so why do I need this Trust?”
- “I don’t want a lot more paperwork or additional tax returns, either while I’m living or for my beneficiaries after I die.”
- “My financial advisor (or IRA Custodian) says they won’t accept a Trust as beneficiary.”
- “I’ve been told to just use a Restricted Beneficiary Payout Annuity or a Trusteed IRA because they’re easier and cheaper.”
- “If this IRA Beneficiary Trust is so good, why haven’t my advisors heard about it?”
- And much, much more!
SPECIAL BONUS ITEM
All registered attendees will receive Phil’s one-page marketing piece, “The Benefits of a Standalone IRA Beneficiary Trust” - - a helpful summary for both your clients and referral sources to understand why to use a standalone IRA Beneficiary Trust.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This will not be a detailed explanation of the technical issues presented by the SECURE Act, nor an explanation of the Trust drafting challenges and solutions; these issues are addressed in our program, “The Traps & Tricks of Drafting IRA Beneficiary Trusts After the SECURE Act”.
- Program Title: How to Market and Sell More IRA Beneficiary Trusts – – After the SECURE Act
- Speaker: Philip J. Kavesh
- Duration: 90 minutes
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
J.D., LL.M. (Taxation), CFP®, ChFC, California State Bar Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law
Philip J. Kavesh is a nationally recognized attorney, authority, speaker, educator and technical innovator in estate planning. Phil has earned significant recognition and accolades over his approximately 33 years of practice as an estate planning attorney. Phil holds a Master’s Degree (LL.M.) in Tax Law and is a California State Bar Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law. He also has been awarded the Certified Financial Planner and Chartered Financial Consultant designations. Phil has served his fellow estate planning and financial professionals by teaching in the Golden Gate University Graduate Tax Degree and Certified Financial Planner programs. Phil…
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CE CREDIT
The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc. and the presenter are not registered Continuing Education Sponsors and this program is not pre-approved for continuing education credit for any state or regulatory agency.
However, please note that each program includes a Certificate of Completion and, depending on the license and the regulatory agency for which governs a participant’s CE credit, some professionals may be able to self-report his or her participation and receive credit. It is the responsibility of the participant to complete any process necessary to seek self-reported CE credit for his or her participation. By registering for a teleconference (or purchasing on On-Demand program), you understand that CE credit is not guaranteed or warranted by the presenter or The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc.