Do You Know the Difference Between a
Well-Drafted and Poorly-Drafted
IRA Beneficiary Trust?
(And How Do You Advise Your Clients With Sizeable IRAs
and Draft for Them After the SECURE Act?)
Are you drafting (or thinking about drafting) IRA Beneficiary Trusts without knowing about the many technical issues and traps?
The new “10-Year Payout” rule created by the SECURE Act for inherited IRAs appears on its surface, to be quite simple. But, a deeper dive into this new law reveals great complexity - - both in what planning advice is best for each client and then implementing that planning through trust and beneficiary form drafting.
If you’re an estate planning attorney, and you have clients with IRAs of between $200,000 to $1 million (or more), you will definitely want to join two of the nation’s leading authorities on IRA planning and drafting beneficiary trusts, attorneys Philip J. Kavesh and Ed Morrow, for this special teleconference on Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 9am Pacific Time (12pm Eastern Time) entitled, “The Traps & Tricks of Drafting IRA Trusts & Beneficiary Forms After the SECURE Act”.
In this 90-minute teleconference you will learn:
- How do you draft an accumulation trust to both maximize income tax savings and asset protection?
- Using discretionary “HEMS” language with special “directions”?
- Using Limited Powers of Appointment, with special “directions?”
- What about adding “BDOT” withdrawal powers?
- For any beneficiaries that may still qualify for stretchout, how do you draft “EDB sub-trusts” to achieve maximum tax savings and asset protection?
- What are the special multiple beneficiary trust rules you need to address and how?
- What other beneficiary trust provisions now need to be revised and how?
- What special “flex” provisions (such as “Trust Protector” and “Toggle Switch” language) should you now put in a Living Trust or standalone Beneficiary Trust to adapt to later IRS guidance, as well as changed circumstances and needs of individual beneficiaries?
- How should your clients update their BDF forms?
- And much more, including some helpful model trust and form language!
This presentation is chock full of practical, “down-in-the-trenches” information that you will able to use right away in your practice to better service your clients.
Your registration includes: Participation in live teleconference (including Q&A) and PDF handout materials. The MP3 audio recording and/or unedited PDF transcript of the program can be added to your registration during the checkout process for an additional fee.