Do You Know the Difference Between a
Well-Drafted and Poorly-Drafted
IRA Beneficiary Trust?
Are you drafting (or thinking about drafting) IRA Beneficiary Trusts without knowing about the many technical issues and traps?
Even if you use a good document form, you can’t rely on it alone. You will often need to customize certain provisions for particular client situations - - and do you know what language you can touch (or not) and how to modify it without jeopardizing the potential income tax stretchout of required minimum distributions (or asset protection)?
Consider this…every one of the following IRA Beneficiary Trust provisions must meet exacting IRS standards (you can’t just use your typical Living Trust provisions):
- Payment of debts, expenses and taxes
- Definitions of “income”, “issue” and “children”
- Exemption-Marital Trust funding formula
- Distribution of Marital Trust (“QTIP”) income
- Charitable bequests
- Cash bequests to individuals
- Lifetime and testamentary powers of appointment
- Contingent beneficiaries (“catastrophe”) provision
- Trustee powers
Join us and our President, Philip Kavesh, nationally renowned expert on drafting IRA Beneficiary Trusts and creator of the PLR-approved IRA Inheritance Trust®, for a special 90-minute program entitled, “The Traps & Tricks of Drafting IRA Beneficiary Trusts”.
Phil will not only address the above technical issues and traps, but he will also teach you:
- The key Trust provisions
- Where you can customize the Trust and where you shouldn’t!
- How to choose whether a “conduit” or “accumulation” subtrust is right for each particular beneficiary
- How to utilize a special “toggle switch” to adjust that choice to fit each beneficiary’s needs and circumstances after the IRA owner dies!
- How to plan for blended families and second marriages, while avoiding QTIP nightmares!
- How to plan for Roth IRAs and qualified retirement plans that may later be converted to Roth IRAs
- How to draft simple Beneficiary Designation Forms to properly implement the Trust - - forms the custodian will actually accept!
- And much, much more (including some key conduit and accumulation trust form provisions)!
Your purchase includes: Downloadable PDF handout materials and MP3 audio recording. A PDF transcript to your purchase during the checkout process for an additional fee.