What Does the SECURE Act Now Mean
for the Estate Planning World?
An In-Depth, Advanced-Level Analysis from the Experts
The SECURE Act has certainly left a lot of estate planning attorneys wondering what this all now means for their clients, particularly for those that have done standalone IRA Beneficiary Trusts. Unfortunately, the SECURE Act is complex and has a number of different nuances within it that require your in-depth knowledge and expertise of what planning options are now the best fit for your clients and their circumstances.
Rather than trying to figure them out on your own, we highly recommend that you join us and nationally renowned estate planning attorneys and IRA Trust experts, Philip Kavesh and Ed Morrow, for a very special and timely teleconference on Tuesday, April 7, 2020 at 9am Pacific Time (12pm Eastern Time) entitled, “An Advanced-Level Analysis of the SECURE Act”.
During this 90-minute teleconference, you will find out:
- What are the “guidelines” now for when IRA beneficiaries should receive distributions outright or in trust?
- If the answer is in trust, what are the “guidelines” for when an accumulation with “spray features” makes sense?
- Should such a spray trust be a part of the IRA owner’s Living Trust or part of a Standalone Beneficiary Trust?
- What should you now do with all of those Standalone Beneficiary Trusts you’ve already drafted? (Revoke or amend them?)
- If you choose to amend an existing Standalone Beneficiary Trust, what key provisions should be changed and how?
- Do IRA Beneficiary Designations Forms now need to be changed and how?
- What are the special considerations and planning options for “eligible designated beneficiaries” who may still qualify for life expectancy “stretch” of RMDs?
- For EDBs, should you use conduit, accumulation or some type of hybrid trust?
- How does the “ghost life expectancy” rule now work and when would it be better than the 10-year rule? (And how can you take advantage of it?)
- What additional questions have been left unanswered by the SECURE Act that you need to plan for?
- And much, much more!
Your registration includes: Participation in live teleconference replay (including Q&A) and PDF handout materials. The MP3 audio recording and/or unedited PDF transcript of the program can be added to your registration during the checkout process for an additional fee.