How the Kaestner Supreme Court Decision
Impacts Income Taxation on Trusts
What Every Advisor Should Know and How to Help Your Clients!
On June 21, 2019, the United States Supreme Court entered its opinion in North Carolina v. Kaestner, 588 US (2019). This case represents an extremely important court decision that will impact all estate planning professionals and marks the beginning of a massive shift for trust and estate planning. (Check out this free podcast from Bob Keebler with attorneys, Anna Moody and David O’Neil, who litigated the Kaestner case)
Join us and two of the nation’s leading experts, Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA, and Steven J. Oshins, J.D., AEP (Distinguished), on Friday, July 19, 2019 at 9am Pacific Time (12pm Eastern Time) for a special, timely educational teleconference entitled, “Trust Situs After Kaestner and the TCJA: Saving State Income Taxes Using Non-Grantor Trusts”.
During this 90-minute presentation, Bob and Steve will cover for you the following:
- An overview of the Kaestner case and the Supreme Court decision
- How the Kaestner case impacts different state taxing statutes
- A step-by-step guide on how to maximize state income tax savings for your clients
- When to file state claims for a refund and the federal tax impact
- Learn when to file protective claims
- When out-of-state trusts are appropriate for clients
- What to do with your clients existing non-grantor trusts and how to modify these trusts to save income taxes
- Why many installment sales to IDGT transactions should now be unwound
- How incomplete and completed gift options can be used to save state income taxes with the client’s assets
- How to generate and increase your revenue utilizing these new planning opportunities
- And much, much more!
Your registration includes: Live participation on the program replay (Q&A via e-mail) and PDF handout materials. The MP3 audio recording and/or the PDF transcript can be added onto your registration during the checkout process for an additional fee.