“Income Tax is the New Estate Tax…”
Slash Your Clients’ State Income Taxes
Thanks to Supreme Court’s
New Kaestner Decision
The United States Supreme Court’s June 2019 opinion in North Carolina v. Kaestner will impact all estate planning professionals and marks the beginning of a massive shift for trust planning.
Whether you’re a CPA, financial advisor or estate planning attorney, you’ll want to be sure to join us and two of the nation’s leading experts, Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA, and Steven J. Oshins, J.D., AEP (Distinguished), on for a special, timely educational teleconference entitled, “Trust Situs After Kaestner: Saving State Income Taxes Using Non-Grantor Trusts”.
During this 90-minute presentation, Bob and Steve will cover for you the following:
- An overview of the Kaestner case and the Supreme Court decision
- How the Kaestner case impacts different state taxing statutes
- A step-by-step guide on how to maximize state income tax savings for your clients
- When to file state claims for a refund and the federal tax impact
- When to file protective claims
- When out-of-state trusts are appropriate for clients
- What to do with your clients’ existing non-grantor trusts and how to modify these trusts to save income taxes
- Why many installment sales to IDGT transactions should now be unwound
- How incomplete and completed gift options can be used to save state income taxes with the clients’ assets
- How to generate and increase your revenue utilizing these new planning opportunities
- Your purchase includes: Downloadable PDF handout materials and MP3 audio recordings. PDF transcripts may be added on for an additional fee during the checkout process.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA
Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA is a partner with Keebler & Associates, LLP and is a 2007 recipient of the prestigious Accredited Estate Planners (Distinguished) award from the National Association of Estate Planning Counsels. He has been named by CPA Magazine as one of the Top 100 Most Influential Practitioners in the United States and one of the Top 40 Tax Advisors to Know During a Recession. Mr. Keebler is the past Editor-in-Chief of CCH’s magazine, Journal of Retirement Planning, and a member of CCH’s Financial and Estate Planning Advisory Board. His practice includes family wealth transfer…
Esq., AEP (Distinguished)
Steven J. Oshins, Esq., AEP (Distinguished) is a member of the Law Offices of Oshins & Associates, LLC in Las Vegas, Nevada. He was inducted into the NAEPC Estate Planning Hall of Fame® in 2011. He has been named one of the 24 “Elite Estate Planning Attorneys” in America by The Trust Advisor and one of the Top 100 Attorneys in Worth. He is listed in The Best Lawyers in America® and was named the Las Vegas Trusts and Estates Lawyer of the Year in 2012, 2015 and 2018 and the Las Vegas Tax Law Lawyer of the Year in…
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CE CREDIT
The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc. and the presenter are not registered Continuing Education Sponsors and this program is not pre-approved for continuing education credit for any state or regulatory agency.
However, please note that each program includes a Certificate of Completion and, depending on the license and the regulatory agency for which governs a participant’s CE credit, some professionals may be able to self-report his or her participation and receive credit. It is the responsibility of the participant to complete any process necessary to seek self-reported CE credit for his or her participation. By registering for a teleconference (or purchasing on On-Demand program), you understand that CE credit is not guaranteed or warranted by the presenter or The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc.