What a Biden Presidency
Means for Estate Tax Planning
(And Year-End Planning Strategies You Need to Know
RIGHT NOW to Help Your Clients!)
Regardless of what you might believe politically, there is a strong chance that Joe Biden may become our next President. There is also a strong chance that our next Congress will be controlled by the Democrats. With this combination, we will likely see a new “Fiscal Cliff” because the federal estate tax exemption may be lowered to $3.5 million per person, down from the current $11.58 million.
This could be made retroactive to January 1, 2021 should Joe Biden become President - - which makes year-end planning for 2020 more important than ever!
This sounds remarkably similar to the Fiscal Cliff we experienced in 2012, so all estate planners must be intimately familiar with Dynasty Trusts since Dynasty Trusts are the traditional recipients of these large gifts. You will absolutely need this knowledge as more of our clients ask us to set up Dynasty Trusts for them to be beat the end-of-year crowd.
Join us and nationally renowned estate planning and asset protection planning attorney Steven J. Oshins, J.D., AEP (Distinguished) on Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 9am Pacific Time (12pm Eastern Time) for a very timely presentation entitled, “The Biden Estate Tax Cliff: What Every Advisor Needs to Know About Dynasty Trusts”.
During this 90-minute presentation, you will learn:
- More about Joe Biden’s plan for the estate tax and how it will affect your clients
- How a Dynasty Trust works
- Planning differences under a Trump administration versus a Biden administration
- How to best design and draft a Dynasty Trust for maximum creditor and divorcing spouse protection
- Which jurisdictions have the strongest Dynasty Trust laws
- Ways to save both federal and state income and capital gains taxes using a Dynasty Trust
- How to build in the flexibility to amend an “irrevocable” Dynasty Trust when later laws, facts and circumstances, or the trust maker’s desire change!
- And much, much more!
Your registration includes: Participation on the live teleconference (including Q&A) and PDF handout materials. The MP3 audio recording and/or PDF transcripts may be added for additional fee at checkout.
- Program Title: The Biden Estate Tax Cliff: What Every Advisor Needs to Know About Dynasty Trusts
- Speaker: Steven J. Oshins
- Date: Wednesday, September 30, 2020
- Time: 9:00 am PT (12:00 pm ET)
- Duration: 90 minutes
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Esq., AEP (Distinguished)
Steven J. Oshins, Esq., AEP (Distinguished) is a member of the Law Offices of Oshins & Associates, LLC in Las Vegas, Nevada. He was inducted into the NAEPC Estate Planning Hall of Fame® in 2011. He has been named one of the 24 “Elite Estate Planning Attorneys” in America by The Trust Advisor and one of the Top 100 Attorneys in Worth. He is listed in The Best Lawyers in America® and was named the Las Vegas Trusts and Estates Lawyer of the Year in 2012, 2015 and 2018 and the Las Vegas Tax Law Lawyer of the Year in…
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CE CREDIT
The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc. and the presenter are not registered Continuing Education Sponsors and this program is not pre-approved for continuing education credit for any state or regulatory agency.
However, please note that each program includes a Certificate of Completion and, depending on the license and the regulatory agency for which governs a participant’s CE credit, some professionals may be able to self-report his or her participation and receive credit. It is the responsibility of the participant to complete any process necessary to seek self-reported CE credit for his or her participation. By registering for a teleconference (or purchasing on On-Demand program), you understand that CE credit is not guaranteed or warranted by the presenter or The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc.