Do You Understand and Use SLATs?
(If not, you may be missing out!)
You may have heard about Spousal Lifetime Access Trusts, otherwise known as SLATs. But are you actually using them in your practice? Well, your competitors are!
Do you really understand SLATs, how to use them and where they fit into your clients’ estate plans? Did you know that you can set up a SLAT where the assets are protected from creditors and divorcing spouses and free of estate taxes, yet you can have indirect access to the assets? And did you know that you can set one up without even making a completed gift for gift tax purposes?
Whether you’re an attorney, CPA, life insurance advisor, trust officer or financial planner, it is crucial for you to understand how SLATs work and what opportunities, as estate planners, you have to use them to help your clients.
This is why you will want to be sure to join us and nationally renowned estate and asset protection planning attorney, Steven J. Oshins, J.D., AEP (Distinguished), for a special presentation entitled, “The Spousal Lifetime Access Trust: A Gifting and Creditor Protection Technique”.
During this 90-minute presentation, you will:
- Find out exactly how to explain SLATs to your clients (so that they understand its benefits and why they should consider this technique)
- Explore exactly how to set up a SLAT where you want the gifts to be complete for gift and estate tax purposes
- Go through the details of how to design the SLAT if you want to avoid a completed gift for gift tax purposes
- Utilizing examples, understand when to use each different SLAT version
- Get examples illustrating how to design the trust where creditor protection is the primary objective
- Discover ways to design the SLAT for maximum divorce protection
- Find out how to use a “floating spouse” provision to best protect the trust assets and have future access when getting remarried
- Learn how the SLAT is generally taxed for income tax purposes
- Explore funding techniques when the assets are primarily community property
- And much, much more!
Your purchase includes: Downloadable PDF handout materials and MP3 audio recording. A PDF transcript may be added on for an additional fee during the checkout process.
- Program Title: The Spousal Lifetime Access Trust: A Gifting and Creditor Protection Technique
- Speaker: Steven J. Oshins
- Duration: 90 minutes
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Esq., AEP (Distinguished)
Steven J. Oshins, Esq., AEP (Distinguished) is a member of the Law Offices of Oshins & Associates, LLC in Las Vegas, Nevada. He was inducted into the NAEPC Estate Planning Hall of Fame® in 2011. He has been named one of the 24 “Elite Estate Planning Attorneys” in America by The Trust Advisor and one of the Top 100 Attorneys in Worth. He is listed in The Best Lawyers in America® and was named the Las Vegas Trusts and Estates Lawyer of the Year in 2012, 2015 and 2018 and the Las Vegas Tax Law Lawyer of the Year in…
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CE CREDIT
The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc. and the presenter are not registered Continuing Education Sponsors and this program is not pre-approved for continuing education credit for any state or regulatory agency.
However, please note that each program includes a Certificate of Completion and, depending on the license and the regulatory agency for which governs a participant’s CE credit, some professionals may be able to self-report his or her participation and receive credit. It is the responsibility of the participant to complete any process necessary to seek self-reported CE credit for his or her participation. By registering for a teleconference (or purchasing on On-Demand program), you understand that CE credit is not guaranteed or warranted by the presenter or The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc.