Set Your Post-Death Administration Fees
So You’re Profitable!
Are you working hard on post-death trust and estate administration cases but having a hard time figuring out how to make them profitable?
The hourly fee model embraced by many attorneys may be detrimental to everyone—to your clients, your staff and you! Consider all the time it takes for you and your staff to track your hours, bill the clients, deal with any misunderstandings or disputes over the bill, and actually collect payment! Yuck! But, you may not have switched to fixed fees, because you’re not clear exactly how you can make any money that way either. Well, I am here to show you how!
I have personally worked on over 1,000 estate and trust administrations and have supervised an additional 3,000 cases handled by associates in my law firm. I have also managed and analyzed statistics on cash flow and profits of our Administration Department and have tried and evaluated several different fee approaches to figure out what works best. Fortunately for you, you can avoid a lot of trial and error, because I’ve packed over 30 years of knowledge and tested and proven strategies into a practical and information packed presentation entitled, “How to Set Your Post-Death Administration Fees—So You Actually Make a Profit!”.
During this 55-minute presentation, I will share with you…
- The numerous challenges that hourly fees create for post-death administration cases (and result in client dissatisfaction) and why a flat fee model works best.
- How to determine your fixed fees and quote them to clients (including a sample of our firm’s internal Estate Administration Fee Schedule).
- How to utilize a simple one-page Engagement Letter to quote the fee and also to “hedge your bet” when the clients become overly demanding or special issues crop up demanding unexpected work. (This Engagement Letter Form is also provided to you)
- Helpful scripts to explain your fee and how you work, so that more clients will engage you for post-death administration work!
- For law firms with multiple attorneys, how to manage and oversee associate attorneys with estate administration matters so you stay within your fee quote.
- Additional implementation tips that will enable you to take what you learn in this program and implement them in your practice right away!
Your purchase includes an instantly downloadable video and audio recording, PDF handout materials, plus exhibits including our Fee Schedule, Engagement Letter (with attached Disclosures) and Work in Process Report. You get all of this and more for your office for just $199. A PDF transcript is available as an add-on for an additional fee.
- Program Title: How to Set Your Post-Death Administration Fees—So You Actually Make a Profit!
- Speaker: Philip J. Kavesh
- Duration: 55 minutes
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
J.D., LL.M. (Taxation), CFP®, ChFC, California State Bar Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law
Philip J. Kavesh is a nationally recognized attorney, authority, speaker, educator and technical innovator in estate planning. Phil has earned significant recognition and accolades over his approximately 40 years of practice as an estate planning attorney. Phil holds a Master’s Degree (LL.M.) in Tax Law and is a California State Bar Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law. He also has been awarded the Certified Financial Planner and Chartered Financial Consultant designations. Phil has served his fellow estate planning and financial professionals by teaching in the Golden Gate University Graduate Tax Degree and Certified Financial Planner programs. Phil…
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CE CREDIT
The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc. and the presenter are not registered Continuing Education Sponsors and this program is not pre-approved for continuing education credit for any state or regulatory agency.
However, please note that each program includes a Certificate of Completion and, depending on the license and the regulatory agency for which governs a participant’s CE credit, some professionals may be able to self-report his or her participation and receive credit. It is the responsibility of the participant to complete any process necessary to seek self-reported CE credit for his or her participation. By registering for a teleconference (or purchasing on On-Demand program), you understand that CE credit is not guaranteed or warranted by the presenter or The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc.