Knowing How to Draft a Special Needs Trust
Is One Thing,
Knowing How to Properly Administer It
Is a Whole ‘Nother Thing!
A Special Needs Trust, correctly drafted, can preserve a disabled beneficiary’s public benefits - - but only if the SNT is also properly administered!
And consider this…most people appointed as Trustee don’t have a clue! And most estate planning attorneys and financial advisors have very little experience or knowledge of how to administer an SNT either!
You have the opportunity to carve out a planning niche that will differentiate you from the competition (while also protecting yourself from future malpractice liability) by learning the answers to:
- What are the most common mistakes in administering Special Needs Trusts (and how to avoid them)?
- How do you make distributions that will not interfere with public benefits?
- What are the SNT reporting requirements to public agencies?
- What are the key differences between the various types of Special Needs Trusts and how do they impact your clients differently?
- How and when should you terminate a Special Needs Trust?
Learn how to solve these and other critical SNT and critical disability planning issues by joining us on for a program entitled, “Administering Special Needs Trusts” sponsored by the Academy of Special Needs Planners with guest speaker, estate planning attorney and California State Bar Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law, Kevin Urbatsch.