Do You Know What to Do
(and How to Advise Your Clients)
with IRAs Payable to Trusts Now
Following the SECURE Act?
If you’re an attorney drafting trusts for clients to receive IRAs at death, the newly passed SECURE Act presents a whole new set of considerations, planning, and changes you must be properly prepared for.
Unfortunately, the tax aspects of IRA planning and the opportunities to preserve retirement funds after death are often overlooked.
However, thanks to the help of nationally renowned CPA and IRA expert, Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA, you don’t have to figure this all out on your own.
Be sure to join us for a timely presentation entitled, “What You Need to Know About IRAs Payable to Trusts Now Following the SECURE Act”.
During this 90-minute program, Bob will cover the following:
- Understanding the SECURE Act’s 10-Year Rule along with the Existing and Surviving 5-Year and Ghost Rule
- The SECURE Act’s new conduit trust disaster and what every estate planning attorney drafting trusts must know!
- Understanding the 4 types of trusts after the SECURE Act
- Drafting Conduit Eligible Designated Beneficiary Trusts and Accumulation Trusts for disabled and chronically ill beneficiaries
- Drafting Designated Beneficiary Accumulation Trusts for Non-Exception Beneficiaries
- When to use Non-Designated Beneficiary Accumulation Trust for Non-Exception Beneficiaries
- Payouts when a beneficiary dies
- The “Catch-22” of drafting in a second or third marriage
- Drafting and reviewing Beneficiary Designation Forms and traps and tricks of drafting the 4 types of trusts
- What to do when an IRA is payable to Designated and Non-Designated Beneficiary Trusts
- Understanding how and when to use conduit and accumulation trusts for clients
- How to weave disclaimer planning to BDFs and Trusts
- The impact of ERISA, REA and community property
- Looking at spousal rollovers, both outright and from trusts
- How to use any stretchout strategies still available following the SECURE Act
- Overview of income tax planning when IRAs are paid to trusts and how to pass out taxable income to the beneficiaries
- Using out-of-state trusts to reduce state income taxes
- Flowcharts, spreadsheets, tables and more to help you properly advise and guide your clients through this post-SECURE Act maze!
- And much more!
Your purchase includes: Downloadable PDF handout materials and MP3 audio recording. A PDF transcript may be added on for an additional fee during the checkout process.