Do You Know How to Properly
Administer Irrevocable Trusts?
Critical Steps Considerations Every Estate Planner Should Know!
Whether you’re an attorney, CPA or financial advisor, you may be involved at some point with helping administer an irrevocable trust. However, there are very important and specific considerations that every estate planner should know.
This is why we’ve brought in the nation’s two leading experts on this topic, Robert S. Keebler, CPA/MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA, and Martin M. Shenkman, CPA/PFS, MBA, J.D., AEP (Distinguished). Together, they have developed a fast-paced and much-needed presentation entitled, “Trust Administration: Practical Considerations for Practitioners”.
During this 100-minute presentation, Bob and Marty will cover:
- The practical steps that every estate planner must consider in trust administration
- How the terms of the Trust impact the administration of the trust
- Grantor and Non-Grantor SLATs
- Non-reciprocal SLATs and the differences between trusts during operations
- Irrevocable trusts and best gift tax practices
- Allocation of GST exemption and valuation adjustment clauses
- The complications of reporting 2020-2021 transfers for married taxpayers
- Reporting note transactions on Form 706 and Form 709
- What preliminary steps might be helpful to take to properly guide clients during the trust administration process
- How advisors can help facilitate a more accurate and efficient trust administration process
- What should be done to improve the administration of grantor versus non-grantor trusts
- How swap and loan powers should be administered
- How to deal with disclaimer and valuation adjustment mechanisms used in many irrevocable trusts should be dealt with
- What special considerations of 2021 planning should be reflected on 2021 Gift Tax Returns
- What ancillary documentation should be addressed to support various planning techniques
- And much more!
Your purchase includes an instantly downloadable video and audio recording and PDF handout materials. A PDF transcript is available as an add-on for an additional fee.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
J.D., CPA, MBA
Martin “Marty” Shenkman, Esq., CPA, MBA is an estate planning attorney and Certified Public Accountant from Paramus, New Jersey. He received his Bachelor of Science degree from Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania 1977 with a concentration in accounting and economics. He received a Masters degree in Business Administration from the University of Michigan 1981, with a concentration in tax and finance. Mr. Shenkman is a widely quoted expert on tax matters and is a regular source for numerous financial and business publications, including The Wall Street Journal, Fortune, Money, The New York Times, and others. He has appeared as a…
CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished)
Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished) is a partner with Keebler & Associates, LLP and is a 2007 recipient of the prestigious Accredited Estate Planners (Distinguished) award from the National Association of Estate Planners & Councils. He has been named by CPA Magazine as one of the Top 100 Most Influential Practitioners in the United States and one of the Top 40 Tax Advisors to Know During a Recession. His practice includes family wealth transfer and preservation planning, charitable giving, retirement distribution planning, and estate administration. Mr. Keebler frequently represents clients before the National Office of the Internal Revenue…
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CE CREDIT
The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc. and the presenter are not registered Continuing Education Sponsors and this program is not pre-approved for continuing education credit for any state or regulatory agency.
However, please note that each program includes a Certificate of Completion and, depending on the license and the regulatory agency for which governs a participant’s CE credit, some professionals may be able to self-report his or her participation and receive credit. It is the responsibility of the participant to complete any process necessary to seek self-reported CE credit for his or her participation. By registering for a teleconference (or purchasing on On-Demand program), you understand that CE credit is not guaranteed or warranted by the presenter or The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc.