Now with the SECURE Act in effect…
Are You Going to Be Advising Clients
on IRA and Retirement Planning Strategies
By Just Making a Judgment Call
Or Are You Actually Going to Do the Math?
The SECURE Act brings with it a giant paradigm shift from life expectancy distributions to a 10-year distribution. At its core, it presents a mathematical problem to advisors in figuring out how best to advise clients.
Tried and true strategies to mitigate built-in income tax consequences of “inherited” IRAs gain importance with a 10-year rule. It is absolutely critical for lawyers and fellow estate planners to understand the mathematics these changes bring along with it and the planning strategies that now make the most sense to help mitigate the impact of lost deferral.
Whether you’re a CPA, financial advisor or estate planning attorney, you (and your clients) will profit by joining us and nationally renowned tax and estate planning expert, Robert Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA, on Tuesday, February 4, 2020 at 9am Pacific Time (12pm Eastern Time) for a plain-English teleconference replay entitled, “The Mathematics of Estate Planning for IRAs After the SECURE Act”.
During this 90-minute teleconference, Bob will cover:
- The mathematical pillars if income tax deferral, bracket management, conversion of ordinary income to long-term capital gain and tax-free insurance death benefits
- How to explain these concepts and planning strategies to your clients utilizing flowcharts and quantitative illustrations
- The mathematics of four key types of trusts and beneficiary distributions from trusts
- The good, bad and the ugly of Conduit Trusts after the SECURE Act (and when Conduit Trusts should never be used!)
- The mathematics behind avoiding the 5-Year Rule in favor of the 10-Year or Life Expectancy Rules
- A thorough understanding of the deferral and tax rate arbitrage associated with CRTs
- An in-depth look and breakdown of the Section 664 CRT tier rules and converting ordinary IRA to long-term capital gain
- A review of the income and estate tax-free benefits of IRA relocation utilizing life insurance
- Advanced insurance strategies including policy designs to maximize ROI
- Understanding the effectiveness of Roth IRA Conversions and a look at the real factors used to decide who should (and who should not!) convert
- How to integrate Roth IRA conversion planning with Eligible IRA Disability Trusts and IRA Trust Planning
- The benefits of utilizing the State Tax-Exempt IRA Trust to reduce state income taxes
- The tax rate arbitrage of spreading income across trust beneficiaries and across family members
- Changes to estate tax planning for IRAs following the SECURE Act
- And much more!
This is not a program designed only to help wealthy clients. This course will provide solid planning strategies and guidance for the mass affluent. When properly applied, the strategies covered in this course will provide tremendous value to your clients and help you demonstrate an unparalleled level of knowledge and expertise that your clients will surely benefit from!
Your registration includes: Participation in live teleconference replay (including Q&A) and PDF handout materials. The MP3 audio recording and/or unedited PDF transcript of the program can be added to your registration during the checkout process for an additional fee.