Your Clients’ Financial and Estate Planning Decisions
Often Depend on Income Tax Consequences
- - But Are You Aware of Them?
Whether you advise clients with regard to specific investments, or just in general as part of retirement, financial or estate planning, you need to know how their various investments are taxed.
It can be more complex than you might imagine, because there are different income tax rules for different kinds of investments!
Fortunately, you can learn to sort this all out by joining us and nationally renowned CPA, Robert S. Keebler on for an easy to understand, plain English teleconference entitled, “Taxation of Investments”.
You’ll learn how these various investments are income taxed:
- Treasury bills and bonds
- What’s ordinary income and capital gains
- Municipal bonds
- Which are federal and/or state exempt
- When taxed as ordinary income vs. capital gains
- How subject to “AMT”
- Corporate Bonds
- The treatment of purchase at a premium vs. at a discount, including “convertibles”
- Corporate Stock
- Sales vs. exchanges
- “Short sales”
- Real Estate Investment Trusts or “REITs”
- Nontaxable return of capital vs. ordinary income vs. capital gains
- Master Limited Partnerships or “MLPs”
- Tax free distributable cash flow
- The impact of this on gain at sale
- Oil and Gas
- Tangible vs intangible drilling costs
- Privately held Partnerships or other “Disregarded” Entities
- How distributions are taxed
- How they affect gain on sale
- Plus how the Net Investment Income Tax and Passive Activity Rules impact the above!
- Program Title: Taxation of Investments
- Speaker: Robert S. Keebler
- Duration: 90 minutes
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA
Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA is a partner with Keebler & Associates, LLP and is a 2007 recipient of the prestigious Accredited Estate Planners (Distinguished) award from the National Association of Estate Planning Counsels. He has been named by CPA Magazine as one of the Top 100 Most Influential Practitioners in the United States and one of the Top 40 Tax Advisors to Know During a Recession. Mr. Keebler is the past Editor-in-Chief of CCH’s magazine, Journal of Retirement Planning, and a member of CCH’s Financial and Estate Planning Advisory Board. His practice includes family wealth transfer…
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CE CREDIT
The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc. and the presenter are not registered Continuing Education Sponsors and this program is not pre-approved for continuing education credit for any state or regulatory agency.
However, please note that each program includes a Certificate of Completion and, depending on the license and the regulatory agency for which governs a participant’s CE credit, some professionals may be able to self-report his or her participation and receive credit. It is the responsibility of the participant to complete any process necessary to seek self-reported CE credit for his or her participation. By registering for a teleconference (or purchasing on On-Demand program), you understand that CE credit is not guaranteed or warranted by the presenter or The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc.