Do You Understand All of the
Planning Opportunities that
Roth IRA Conversions Offer in 2020?
Help Your Clients Maximize the Benefits from Roth Conversions!
Roth IRA conversions have always had the potential to unlock hidden value. However, given the current market conditions and the no RMD rule in 2020, there are some very unique planning opportunities available - - but only if you know what they are and leverage them for your clients!
Before the SECURE Act, it was perhaps simple nominal conversions to take advantage of a low-income year. However, the SECURE Act expands the impact of Roth IRA conversions beyond a quantitative arbitrage game to a strategic estate planning set of issues that should be of interest to all lawyers, trust officers, insurance and financial advisors and CPAs.
That’s why you will want to be sure to join us and nationally renowned CPA and IRA planning expert, Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA, for a special presentation entitled, “Tactical and Strategic Roth Conversions in 2020”.
During this 90-minute program, Bob will cover the following issues:
- Low value Roth conversions
- Taking advantage of 2020’s no RMD rule
- Roth conversions equal to the forgiven RMD
- Critical Roth conversion concepts after the SECURE Act
- Critical strategies by profession and objectives
- Roth conversions for rate arbitrage compared to traditional IRAs to trusts
- Over 10 reasons why clients should consider converting to a Roth IRA
- Taxation of Roth IRA conversions and distributions
- Easy to read conversion tables by common scenarios
- How to use and analyze Roth conversion software
- Mathematics of Roth IRA conversions
- Timing of Roth IRA conversions to gain tax rate arbitrage
- Estate tax considerations, including why a Roth conversion is much better when an estate tax exists
- The SECURE Act’s 10-year payout rule and the high tax rates to follow
- “Stretch” Roth IRAs for eligible designated beneficiaries
- How to utilize Roth IRAs for clients with special needs and asset protection concerns
- Utilizing Roth IRAs to fund long-term care strategies
- Hedging Roth conversions with life insurance
- Using insurance to preserve post-death “stretch-out”
- Tax-sensitive withdrawal strategies
- Why a conversion is a “Bet-to-Live” Strategy (and why insurance is a “Bet-to-Die” Strategy!)
- Hedging Roth IRAs with Insurance
- Plus, you will also receive easy-to-follow charts, graphs and tables that you can use with your clients!
This is not a course designed to help only wealthy clients. The information you receive in this course will be helpful to advise the mass-affluent and you will receive practical tools that you can actually use right in your practice!
Your purchase includes: Downloadable PDF handout materials and MP3 audio recording. A PDF transcript may be added on for an additional fee during the checkout process.
- Program Title: Tactical and Strategic Roth Conversions in 2020
- Speaker: Robert S. Keebler
- Duration: 90 Minutes
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished)
Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished) is a partner with Keebler & Associates, LLP and is a 2007 recipient of the prestigious Accredited Estate Planners (Distinguished) award from the National Association of Estate Planners & Councils. He has been named by CPA Magazine as one of the Top 100 Most Influential Practitioners in the United States and one of the Top 40 Tax Advisors to Know During a Recession. His practice includes family wealth transfer and preservation planning, charitable giving, retirement distribution planning, and estate administration. Mr. Keebler frequently represents clients before the National Office of the Internal Revenue…
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CE CREDIT
The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc. and the presenter are not registered Continuing Education Sponsors and this program is not pre-approved for continuing education credit for any state or regulatory agency.
However, please note that each program includes a Certificate of Completion and, depending on the license and the regulatory agency for which governs a participant’s CE credit, some professionals may be able to self-report his or her participation and receive credit. It is the responsibility of the participant to complete any process necessary to seek self-reported CE credit for his or her participation. By registering for a teleconference (or purchasing on On-Demand program), you understand that CE credit is not guaranteed or warranted by the presenter or The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc.