Roth IRA Conversions
Are Even More Appealing
Thanks to the SECURE Act!
Find out more about what planning opportunities
are available for your clients!
As most estate planning professionals know, Roth IRA conversions have always had the potential to unlock hidden value. In the past, it was perhaps simple nominal conversions to take advantage of a low-income year.
However, the SECURE Act expands the impact of Roth conversions beyond a quantitative arbitrage game to a strategic estate planning set of issues that should be of interest to all lawyers, trust officers, insurance and financial advisors and CPAs. This creates a HUGE planning opportunity for advisors, but only if you know what you’re doing.
This is why you will want to join us and nationally renowned CPA and IRA expert, Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA, for a program entitled, “Strategic & Tactical Roth Conversions After the SECURE Act”.
During this 90-minute presentation, Bob will give you more in-depth discussion about how the SECURE Act impacts Roth IRA conversion planning for your clients, including the following:
- Critical Roth conversion concepts after the SECURE Act
- Critical strategies by profession and objectives
- Roth conversions for rate arbitrage compared to traditional IRAs to trusts
- Over 10 reasons your clients should convert to a Roth IRA (and why they should consider doing it now!)
- Taxation of Roth IRA conversions and distributions
- Easy-to-read conversion tables by common scenarios
- How to use and analyze Roth IRA conversion software
- Mathematics of Roth IRA conversions
- Timing of Roth IRA conversions to gain tax rate arbitrage
- Estate tax considerations when utilizing Roth IRAs
- The SECURE Act’s 10-year payout rule and the high tax rates to follow
- “Stretch” Roth IRAs for eligible designated beneficiaries
- Roths for SNTs and Asset Protection Trusts
- Roths to fund long-term care strategies
- Hedging Roth conversions with life insurance
- Using insurance to preserve post-death “stretch-out”
- Tax-sensitive withdrawal strategies
- Why a conversion is a “Bet-to-Live” Strategy and why insurance is a “Bet-to-Die” Strategy
- Hedging Roths with Insurance
- And much, much more including practical charts, graphs and tables to use with your clients!
Your purchase includes: Downloadable PDF handouts materials and MP3 audio recording. A PDF transcript may be added on for an additional fee during the checkout process.
- Program Title: Strategic & Tactical Roth Conversions After the SECURE Act
- Speaker: Robert S. Keebler
- Duration: 90 minutes
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA
Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA is a partner with Keebler & Associates, LLP and is a 2007 recipient of the prestigious Accredited Estate Planners (Distinguished) award from the National Association of Estate Planning Counsels. He has been named by CPA Magazine as one of the Top 100 Most Influential Practitioners in the United States and one of the Top 40 Tax Advisors to Know During a Recession. Mr. Keebler is the past Editor-in-Chief of CCH’s magazine, Journal of Retirement Planning, and a member of CCH’s Financial and Estate Planning Advisory Board. His practice includes family wealth transfer…
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CE CREDIT
The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc. and the presenter are not registered Continuing Education Sponsors and this program is not pre-approved for continuing education credit for any state or regulatory agency.
However, please note that each program includes a Certificate of Completion and, depending on the license and the regulatory agency for which governs a participant’s CE credit, some professionals may be able to self-report his or her participation and receive credit. It is the responsibility of the participant to complete any process necessary to seek self-reported CE credit for his or her participation. By registering for a teleconference (or purchasing on On-Demand program), you understand that CE credit is not guaranteed or warranted by the presenter or The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc.