Do You Know Where the Traps Are Hidden
for Estate Planners in 2012?
(and, more importantly, how to avoid them?)
As in any other year, there are current trends and developments in estate planning that can present big traps - -and liability exposure - - for the unwary! You need to keep informed, so you can properly advise clients and carefully draft documents.
For example, you need to know…
- Given current tax legislation uncertainty, how do you infuse more flexibility into your clients’ planning and documents?
- How do annuities and life insurance still accomplish important planning goals?
- How do you properly use powers of appointment as incredibly flexible and important planning tools?
- How can you fix bad or out-of-date trusts (even irrevocable ones) after the fact?
- How to properly use - - or not use - - portability? (There are lots of devilish details and planning conclusions that are not what logic would lead you to!)
- With the IRS expanding its gift tax audit net, what can you do to minimize the likelihood of your client getting ensnared?
- What are the overlooked GST planning options and pitfalls that you should be considering in case the exemption is really reduced?
- How you can better plan trusts to minimize the potential state income tax burden?
Join us and nationally renowned tax and estate planning CPA and attorney, Martin M. Shenkman, for an “in the trenches”, practical approach to these and other current issues in a 90-minute program entitled, “Recent Developments in Estate Planning: Special Traps and Tips to Avoid Them.”