Planning for Professional Practices
& Other Business Entities
Under the Tax Reform Bill
Whether you’re a financial advisor, CPA, or tax or estate planning attorney, you will benefit from our program entitled, “Planning for Professional Practices & Other Business Entities Under the Tax Reform Bill”, with one of the nation’s leading CPAs and tax experts, Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA.
During this 90-minute presentation, Bob covers the following:
- What is Congress Hoping to Achieve with The 20% Small Business Deduction
- Running the Math for a Traditional Business
- How are Professional Service Firms Treated Under Section 199A
- Running the Math for Real Estate Investors
- Understanding The Four Types of Taxpayers
- Nonservice Business with Over $315,000 of Taxable Income
- Nonservice Business with Less Than $315,000 of Taxable Income
- Specified Service Trade or Business with Income of $315,000 or Less
- Specified Service Trade or Business with Income over $415,000
- What is a Specified Service Trade or Business?
- Planning for Income Between the Phaseout Limitations – A Critical Concept
- How to Use Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution Plans to Reduce Income
- How to Design Capital Structures for Service Businesses, Traditional Businesses and Real Estate Entities
- Understanding the 2.5% Test and Why the Entity-By-Entity Basis is a Trap for the Unwary
- Separating Professional Service Firms into a Traditional Business and a Service Firm
- Understanding the limitation based on W-2 wages and capital
- Treatment of Carryover Losses
- The Impact of the Pass-Thru Deduction on Prior Year Losses
- Treatment of Real Estate Income and The 50% Wage Limitation
- The Impact of Reasonable Compensation and Guaranteed Payments
- The Impact on Qualified REIT Income
- Relationship to the Net Investment Income Tax
- Understanding the Interest Limitation on an Entity-By-Entity Basis
- Changes in the Accuracy-Related Penalty
- And much, much more!
- Program Title: Planning for Professional Practices & Other Business Entities Under the Tax Reform Bill
- Speaker: Robert S. Keebler
- Duration: 90 minutes
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA
Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA is a partner with Keebler & Associates, LLP and is a 2007 recipient of the prestigious Accredited Estate Planners (Distinguished) award from the National Association of Estate Planning Counsels. He has been named by CPA Magazine as one of the Top 100 Most Influential Practitioners in the United States and one of the Top 40 Tax Advisors to Know During a Recession. Mr. Keebler is the past Editor-in-Chief of CCH’s magazine, Journal of Retirement Planning, and a member of CCH’s Financial and Estate Planning Advisory Board. His practice includes family wealth transfer…
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CE CREDIT
The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc. and the presenter are not registered Continuing Education Sponsors and this program is not pre-approved for continuing education credit for any state or regulatory agency.
However, please note that each program includes a Certificate of Completion and, depending on the license and the regulatory agency for which governs a participant’s CE credit, some professionals may be able to self-report his or her participation and receive credit. It is the responsibility of the participant to complete any process necessary to seek self-reported CE credit for his or her participation. By registering for a teleconference (or purchasing on On-Demand program), you understand that CE credit is not guaranteed or warranted by the presenter or The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc.