Estate Tax Planning is (Basically) Dead!
You Need to Be Doing Income Tax Planning!
(and you can add this to your practice without hours or years of study!)
Given the higher estate tax exemption, fewer and fewer estates will face estate taxes anymore. The real concern of most of your clients is now income taxes - - ordinary and capital gains taxes, federal and state. And, even if you don’t regularly provide income tax planning, you can as part of your estate planning if you learn some core concepts and how to apply them.
Join us and nationally renowned CPA and tax expert, Robert Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA, for a special 90-minute presentation entitled, “Income Tax is the New Estate Tax”.
On this call, Bob will cover:
- Tax Planning for Basis after the Tax Cuts & Job Act
- How to capture the maximum capital gains step-up at death
- When to consider lifetime gifts (even though they won’t get step-up)
- Which states offer better income tax laws for estates and trusts, and how to fall under their jurisdiction
- How to properly balance both estate taxes and income taxes when making the portability election (and choosing whether to fund a Bypass Trust)
- The “new math” of utilizing portability with IRAs after Tax Reform
- FLPs and planning for valuation adjustments
- Using GRAT “Hedges” to Assure a Step-Up
- And much more!