When Something in the Tax Law
Sounds Too Good to Be True
- - DO IT NOW!
Imagine…you tell a prospect or client that there’s a way they can restructure their qualified retirement plan or IRA so they:
- Never have to take taxable required minimum distributions!
- Can compound the money tax free until they need it!
- When they later need it, can take it out tax free!
- And their beneficiaries, after they’re gone, can take it out income tax free!
- Plus, on top of all that, they can reduce the impact of TCJA’s itemized deduction “phase-out” and net investment income “surtax”!
Sound too good to be true?
It’s simply done by using a “Roth IRA Conversion”. And you need to be talking to clients and prospects about this NOW and implementing it by year end!
But how “simple” is this Roth Conversion, really?
The fact is, the failure to fully understand the mathematical fundamentals of Roth IRA conversions can lead to making disastrous decisions.
However, with a good working knowledge of the quantitative “forces” which drive Roth IRA conversions you as a professional advisor will be able to give cogent, straightforward advice to their clients.
Whether you’re a CPA, financial advisor, life insurance agent, or estate planning attorney, you need to know:
- When does it make sense to convert to a Roth IRA and not?
- What are the mathematical factors behind Roth IRA conversions, considering TCJA’s many income tax changes?
- When does the 10% early withdrawal penalty and regular income tax apply to Roth IRA distributions?
- Should Roth IRAs be used to fund the “bypass” trust?
- What impact does the estate tax have on Roth IRA conversions?
- When should someone name an individual or an “IRA trust” as beneficiary of a Roth IRA?
- How does life insurance play a role in protecting the “stretch” Roth IRA?
- How should your client’s investment portfolio be structured for long-term investment results that maximize the benefits of the Roth conversion?
Join us and nationally renowned CPA and IRA expert, Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA for a 90-minute presentation entitled, “How Roth IRA Conversions Work in 2018” - - where he’ll address all this and more!
Your purchase includes: Immediately downloadable PDF handout materials and MP3 audio recording. A PDF transcript may be added onto your purchase during the checkout process for an additional fee.