Have Clients Who Want to Retire Before Age 59½?
Critical Planning You Must Know to Properly Advise Them
IRS Notice 2022-06 is an exceptionally important ruling and will expand the ability of people to retire early, before age 59½.
Whether you’re an estate planning attorney, financial advisor, or life insurance agent, if you are providing clients guidance and advice on retirement accounts, this is a critical, must-know development that you must understand to properly navigate and advise your clients. The massive asset appreciation and change in attitude regarding work over the last two years makes the timing near perfect for this significant change.
That is why we’ve brought in nationally renowned CPA and IRA expert, Robert S. Keebler, CPA/MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA, to help you understand what you need to know about Notice 2022-6 in this timely and practical program entitled, “Early Distributions from IRAs & Qualified Plans: Retiring Before 59½ After Notice 2022-06”.
In this 57-minute presentation, you will learn:
- How the IRC Section 72(t) SEPP statutory rules can be used to the client’s advantage
- Other 72(t) exceptions that you will need to know
- A look at Rev. Rul. 2002-62 and the “old” SEPP rules
- A detailed analysis of Notice 2022-06
- How the critical change in Notice 2022-06 which provides for a 5% interest rate vastly increases a retirees’ substantial equal periodic payments and allows retirement earlier without early distribution penalties (we’ll take a look at a number of examples and case studies of the impact of the 5% rate!)
- What to do if the 5% rate results in too large an SEPP and how to properly advise your clients
- The Three Computational Methods that every estate planner needs to understand and know how to use appropriately
- And much more!
Your purchase includes an instantly downloadable video and audio recording and PDF handout materials. A PDF transcript is available as an add-on for an additional fee.
- Program Title: Early Distributions from IRAs & Qualified Plans: Retiring Before 59½ After Notice 2022-06
- Speaker: Robert S. Keebler
- Duration: 57 minutes
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Robert S. Keebler
CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA
Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA is a partner with Keebler & Associates, LLP and is a 2007 recipient of the prestigious Accredited Estate Planners (Distinguished) award from the National Association of Estate Planning Counsels. He has been named by CPA Magazine as one of the Top 100 Most Influential Practitioners in the United States and one of the Top 40 Tax Advisors to Know During a Recession. Mr. Keebler is the past Editor-in-Chief of CCH’s magazine, Journal of Retirement Planning, and a member of CCH’s Financial and Estate Planning Advisory Board. His practice includes family wealth transfer…
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CE CREDIT
The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc. and the presenter are not registered Continuing Education Sponsors and this program is not pre-approved for continuing education credit for any state or regulatory agency.
However, please note that each program includes a Certificate of Completion and, depending on the license and the regulatory agency for which governs a participant’s CE credit, some professionals may be able to self-report his or her participation and receive credit. It is the responsibility of the participant to complete any process necessary to seek self-reported CE credit for his or her participation. By registering for a teleconference (or purchasing on On-Demand program), you understand that CE credit is not guaranteed or warranted by the presenter or The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc.