California’s New Retroactive
Anti-Incomplete Gift Trust Statute
Signed Into Law a Retroactive Tax on
“INGs” — Incomplete Gift Non-Grantor Trusts
On July 10, 2023, California Governor Gavin Newsom signed into law a retroactive tax on “INGs” — Incomplete Gift Non-Grantor Trusts. In this fast-paced presentation, Robert Keebler will present a summary of California’s new fiduciary income tax law requiring incomplete trusts to be taxed in California as a California grantor trust.
This is a must-have informational presentation for all California, Alaska, Delaware, Nevada, South Dakota and Wyoming trust officers, CPAs and trust and estate lawyers.
We have turned to nationally renowned CPA and tax planning expert, Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA, for a program entitled, “California’s New Retroactive Anti-Incomplete Gift Trust Statute”.
During this 64-minute presentation, Bob will address precisely what the Bill does and solutions, including:
- Overview of prior California law and Federal law.
- Overview of the new statute.
- The election to be treated as a California “nongrantor trust.”
- No free lunch on earlier “throwback years.”
- The use of completed gift trusts to avoid the reach of the California law.
- The use of charitable remainder trusts to defer Federal and California Tax.
- Transferring property from existing INGs to completed gift trusts.
- Selling property from INGs to completed gift trusts via IRC § 453 installment sales.
- Using life insurance and other tax shelter strategies.
- Other ideas to mitigate California’s attempt to checkmate the ING strategy.
- And much more!
Your purchase includes: Downloadable PDF handouts materials and MP3 audio recording and exhibits. A PDF transcript may be added on for an additional fee during the checkout process.
- Program Title: California’s New Retroactive Anti-Incomplete Gift Trust Statute
- Speaker: Robert S. Keebler
- Duration: 64 minutes
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA
Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA is a partner with Keebler & Associates, LLP and is a 2007 recipient of the prestigious Accredited Estate Planners (Distinguished) award from the National Association of Estate Planning Counsels. He has been named by CPA Magazine as one of the Top 100 Most Influential Practitioners in the United States and one of the Top 40 Tax Advisors to Know During a Recession. Mr. Keebler is the past Editor-in-Chief of CCH’s magazine, Journal of Retirement Planning, and a member of CCH’s Financial and Estate Planning Advisory Board. His practice includes family wealth transfer…
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CE CREDIT
The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc. and the presenter are not registered Continuing Education Sponsors and this program is not pre-approved for continuing education credit for any state or regulatory agency.
However, please note that each program includes a Certificate of Completion and, depending on the license and the regulatory agency for which governs a participant’s CE credit, some professionals may be able to self-report his or her participation and receive credit. It is the responsibility of the participant to complete any process necessary to seek self-reported CE credit for his or her participation. By registering for a teleconference (or purchasing on On-Demand program), you understand that CE credit is not guaranteed or warranted by the presenter or The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc.