Will You Be Held Liable for
the Failure to Identify, Avoid or Fix
These IRA and Qualified Plan
Beneficiary Designation Problems?
You may have a good grasp of the Required Minimum Distribution rules, but are you aware of the many other federal laws, state laws and continental rules that critically impact IRA and Qualified Retirement Plan (“QRP”) Beneficiary Designations?
For example, do you know…
- How ERISA and REA affect beneficiary designations?
- The rights of spouses under state community property laws, divorce settlements and elective share statutes?
- How claims of undue influence and other beneficiary disputes can arise with IRAs and QRPs, just like a Will contest?
- The challenges when a beneficiary has “Special Needs”?
- When an Executor or Trustee can be surcharged for incorrectly handling IRAs and QRPs payable to an estate or trust or missing critical deadlines?
- How state laws governing trust principal and income, guardianship, powers of attorney and asset protection impact IRAs (and rolled over QRPs)?
- How to spot “broken” provisions often contained in Trusts and named as beneficiaries?
- And, most importantly, how to avoid and fix these beneficiary designation problems?
Join us and nationally renowned IRA expert, Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA and Kristen M. Lynch, J.D., AEP (Distinguished), CTFA, CISP for an advanced-level 90-minute presentation entitled, “When Good Beneficiaries Go Bad or Missing - - How to Identify, Avoid and Fix Common IRA and QRP Beneficiary Designation Problems”.