Will You Be Held Liable for
the Failure to Identify, Avoid or Fix
These IRA and Qualified Plan
Beneficiary Designation Problems?
You may have a good grasp of the Required Minimum Distribution rules, but are you aware of the many other federal laws, state laws and continental rules that critically impact IRA and Qualified Retirement Plan (“QRP”) Beneficiary Designations?
For example, do you know…
- How ERISA and REA affect beneficiary designations?
- The rights of spouses under state community property laws, divorce settlements and elective share statutes?
- How claims of undue influence and other beneficiary disputes can arise with IRAs and QRPs, just like a Will contest?
- The challenges when a beneficiary has “Special Needs”?
- When an Executor or Trustee can be surcharged for incorrectly handling IRAs and QRPs payable to an estate or trust or missing critical deadlines?
- How state laws governing trust principal and income, guardianship, powers of attorney and asset protection impact IRAs (and rolled over QRPs)?
- How to spot “broken” provisions often contained in Trusts and named as beneficiaries?
- And, most importantly, how to avoid and fix these beneficiary designation problems?
Join us and nationally renowned IRA expert, Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA and Kristen M. Lynch, J.D., AEP (Distinguished), CTFA, CISP for an advanced-level 90-minute presentation entitled, “When Good Beneficiaries Go Bad or Missing - - How to Identify, Avoid and Fix Common IRA and QRP Beneficiary Designation Problems”.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Kristen M. Lynch, J.D., AEP, CTFA, CISP is a shareholder in the Trusts & Estates group of Fowler White Burnett, Attorneys and Law, and focuses her practice on estate planning, probate and retirement planning, and IRA matters. An Accredited Estate Planner (AEP), she has over twenty years of experience in trust and estates law, working almost exclusively with high net worth IRA clients for the last seventeen years. Prior to joining Fowler White Burnett, Ms. Lynch worked for SunTrust Bank as the Vice President and Divisional IRA Manager for the Private Client Services Group, and for Merrill Lynch Trust Company…
CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA
Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA is a partner with Keebler & Associates, LLP and is a 2007 recipient of the prestigious Accredited Estate Planners (Distinguished) award from the National Association of Estate Planning Counsels. He has been named by CPA Magazine as one of the Top 100 Most Influential Practitioners in the United States and one of the Top 40 Tax Advisors to Know During a Recession. Mr. Keebler is the past Editor-in-Chief of CCH’s magazine, Journal of Retirement Planning, and a member of CCH’s Financial and Estate Planning Advisory Board. His practice includes family wealth transfer…
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CE CREDIT
The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc. and the presenter are not registered Continuing Education Sponsors and this program is not pre-approved for continuing education credit for any state or regulatory agency.
However, please note that each program includes a Certificate of Completion and, depending on the license and the regulatory agency for which governs a participant’s CE credit, some professionals may be able to self-report his or her participation and receive credit. It is the responsibility of the participant to complete any process necessary to seek self-reported CE credit for his or her participation. By registering for a teleconference (or purchasing on On-Demand program), you understand that CE credit is not guaranteed or warranted by the presenter or The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc.