Think You Know 199A?
Now that tax practitioners have had a few months to not only fully digest the 199A 20% Business Deduction Regulations, but grapple with preparing clients’ returns, much deeper understanding of the traps, tricks, and planning opportunities have now emerged.
Whether you’re a CPA, EA, financial planner, or a tax or estate planning attorney, you need to join us and nationally renowned CPA, Robert Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA, for a 90-minute presentation entitled, “199A Lessons from Tax Prep Season, Foundational Concepts”.
On this special, advanced-level program you will learn:
- What changed between the Proposed and Final 199A Regulations
- Critical concepts and detailed revealed during tax prep season
- The difference between “separate” and “separable” businesses
- How multiple businesses may be aggregated
- Advanced planning for insurance professionals to obtain 199A
- When not to make pension, profit sharing and IRA contributions
- Roth conversion opportunities when income is less than QBI
- Understanding the “Trade or Business” Issue
- How the real estate safe harbor election works
- The Final Regs definition of “specified service” business
- What’s the impact on triple net leases and those in the financial services business
- How were the “anti-abuse” rules designed to prevent taxpayers from establishing multiple non-grantor trusts?
- What’s the “sweet spot” for S Corporation shareholder wages to optimize the 199A deduction?
- What’s the impact of the Final Regs on a company’s debt, the purchasing of equipment and expensing it, as well as the impact on REITs?
- How does the definition of “reputation or skill” actually work?
- Plus, answers to all of your toughest 199A questions!
Your purchase includes: Downloadable PDF handout materials and MP3 audio recording. A PDF transcript may be added on for an additional fee during the checkout process.