The University of Miami, School of Law is host of one of the nation’s largest and leading estate planning programs each year. The 50th Annual Heckerling Institute on Estate Planning will be held on January 9-13, 2017 in Orlando, Florida. >>MORE INFO
There has been added coverage to discuss the
New Section 2704 Proposed Regulations
This program brings together some of the nation’s leading experts in an array of topics including, but not limited to:
- Recent Developments: Our recent developments program, featuring a panel of leading estate planning experts and a representative of the U.S. Treasury Department, has been expanded to four hours. The first half of the program will be dedicated to in-depth analysis of the recently issued Section 2704 Proposed Regulations and their planning implications. The second half of the program will provide coverage of the other significant developments of 2016. The Question and Answer panel on Wednesday will field questions about the impact of the Section 2704 Proposed Regulations and the year’s other developments.
Other highlights of this year’s program include:
- Focus Series: This series offers an in-depth look at the issues surrounding intra-family wealth transfers including planning with portability, obtaining greater divorce/creditor protection, using GRATs and other freeze techniques, planning for the retirement accounts of married couples, and business succession planning.
- NEW! Fiduciary Tax & Administration: This track of programs on Fiduciary Tax & Administration explores fiduciary income tax issues (including basis consistency), avoiding trustee liability in common transactions, drafting tax efficient trusts that also provide creditor protection, recent fiduciary case law, and fiduciary duties with respect to impact investing.
- Charitable Giving: This track of programs examines the rules covering private foundations, charitable giving for family businesses, impact investing, and international philanthropy.
- International Planning: This series provides an update on international planning including recent developments and trends in global tax transparency, planning for non-U.S. persons investing in the U.S., and advising clients seeking U.S. tax deductions for international charitable donations.
- Elder Law: This series covers the legal, ethical, and practical issues involved in the financial exploitation of seniors, planning for retirement accounts, and claiming social security benefits.
- Financial Assets: These programs explore impact investing, combining taxable gifts and testamentary, CLATs, and advising clients on life insurance products.
- Litigation and Tax Controversies: This series covers the tax aspects of fiduciary litigation, recent cases involving fiduciaries, the role of an attorney as an expert witness, how to identify critical pressure points in the estate plan, and how to avoid malpractice liability.
- Fundamentals: The fundamentals programs explore planning with portability, partnership income tax for estate planners, and the generation-skipping transfer tax.
STOP BY OUR BOOTH!
Once again, The Ultimate Estate Planner is pleased to be an exhibitor at Heckerling. Be sure to stop by Booth 215 and say hello!
Date & Time
- Monday, January 9, 2017 - Friday, January 13, 2017
Address8701 World Center Dr, Orlando, FL 32821, United States
The 2017 Heckerling Institute on Estate Planning8701 World Center Dr, Orlando, FL 32821, United States