If You’re Not Using the IRA Beneficiary Trust,
You’re Missing a Golden Opportunity!
If you’re an attorney, then with estate tax planning all but dead for most of your clients, you are probably looking for new services or products to sell to them. Preferably ones that can quickly and easily be incorporated into a Living Trust-centered practice.
If you’re a CPA who prepares tax returns, you’re probably looking for ways to increase your number of returns and generate more tax planning fees.
If you’re a financial advisor or life insurance agent, you’re probably looking for new ways to attract big ticket clients and network with estate planning attorneys.
That opportunity is now here.
Many of your “middle class” prospects and clients (and some high net worth ones, too) have substantial amounts of wealth parked in their IRAs (and company retirement plans that may someday be rolled over into IRAs). These clients realize that their children have little, if any, retirement assets set aside and see the wisdom, or even the necessity, of preserving their beneficiaries’ inherited IRAs - - from income taxes, in-laws, divorces, lawsuits, and creditors (not to mention the beneficiaries’ own poor spending habits!).
This is where the IRA Beneficiary Trust comes in. Yet, even though it’s been around since 2003, few professionals understand how this IRA Beneficiary Trust works, how relatively easy is it to draft, how to market it so clients will engage you, and how to implement it after it has been set up.
Learn all of this and more in three 90-minute “what you need to know” presentations by one of the nation’s leading experts on IRA Beneficiary Trusts, our President, estate planning attorney Philip Kavesh. Phil created the IRA Inheritance Trust®, which was the subject of the breakthrough IRS Private Letter Ruling 200537044. He and his law firm have been involved in the marketing, engagement and drafting of over a thousand IRA Beneficiary Trusts, as well as the implementation of many after the IRA owners’ deaths. Phil’s unique level of experience and insight will be invaluable to building this new profit center into your practice.
“IRA Trusts have become the hottest thing in my practice.
I’ve sold hundreds of them! Thanks Phil!”
– Albert Vacek, Estate Planning Attorney
In the first program entitled, “The Traps & Tricks of Drafting IRA Beneficiary Trusts”, you will learn:
- The key Trust provisions
- Where you can customize the Trust and where you shouldn’t!
- How to choose whether a “conduit” or “accumulation” subtrust is right for each particular beneficiary
- How to utilize a special “toggle switch” to adjust that choice to fit each beneficiary’s needs and circumstances after the IRA owner dies!
- How to plan for blended families and second marriages, while avoiding QTIP nightmares!
- How to plan for Roth IRAs and qualified retirement plans that may later be converted to Roth IRAs
- How to draft simple Beneficiary Designation Forms to properly implement the Trust - - forms the custodian will actually accept!
- And much, much more (including some key conduit and accumulation trust form provisions)!
Once you have learned how the Trust works, for the second program entitled, “The Proper Post-Death Administration of IRA Beneficiary Trusts”. This program will be extremely valuable for you to have ready as a reference tool when your clients with these trusts start to pass away and the trustees come to you for guidance on how to implement this unique strategy. On this 90-minute program, you will learn:
- How to properly and timely determine the “measuring lives” for required minimum distribution (“RMD”) purposes
- How to coordinate with the Trustee, beneficiaries, and the client’s other advisors regarding time-critical and extremely important income tax and asset protection “elections” (including disclaimers and “conduit” or “accumulation” trust treatment)
- How to coordinate properly with the Trustee of the client’s Living Trust (or Executor of his or her estate) on numerous estate tax-related issues, including electing portability or bypass trust funding
- How to properly establish the beneficiaries’ sub-share trusts and modify them, if necessary, to meet the needs and circumstances of each beneficiary
- How to avoid missing any of the four critical deadlines, established under the Internal Revenue Code and Regulations
- How to transfer the IRA when the Trust terminates without triggering income taxation
- How to fix and avoid problems that can arise due to defective beneficiary designation forms, inappropriate or outdated trust terms, or missed deadlines
- And much, much more!
And, finally, in the third and final program entitled, “How to Market & Sell More IRA Beneficiary Trusts”, you will learn:
- Who is the best target market for this specialized type of planning
- How to generate referrals from financial advisors, CPAs, and life insurance agents
- The 3 things you should always say when in front of a prospect or client - - so you close more engagements!
- How to handle the toughest objections that you’ll get to this type of planning, such as…
- “I’ve been told that having a Living Trust as beneficiary is good enough.”
- “Why should I care about stretchout with a Roth IRA - - the distributions are tax-free anyway.”
- “I understand IRAs are creditor and bankruptcy protected, so I don’t even need an IRA trust.”
- “I don’t have a large IRA, so why do I need this Trust?”
- “I don’t want a lot more paperwork or additional tax returns, either while I am living or for my beneficiaries after I die.”
- “My financial advisor (or IRA Custodian) says they won’t accept a Trust as beneficiary.”
- “I’ve been told to just use a Restricted Beneficiary Payout Annuity or Trusteed IRA because they’re easier and cheaper.”
- “If this IRA Beneficiary Trust is so good, why haven’t my advisors heard or told me about it?”
- And much, much more!
Whether you’re a CPA, financial professional, or estate planning attorney, you will greatly benefit by joining us for this 3-part series entitled, “Everything You Need to Know About IRA Beneficiary Trusts”.
SPECIAL BONUS 90-MINUTE PROGRAM
When you register for this 3-part series, “Everything You Need to Know About IRA Beneficiary Trusts”, you will also receive complimentary registration to our brand new, special 90-minute presentation entitled, “The Standalone IRA Beneficiary Trust: An Introductory Overview” absolutely FREE! This is a great call to invite your professional referral sources to and jump start your marketing! That’s an additional $169 value, just for signing up for this series!
- Program Title: What You Need to Know About IRA Beneficiary Trusts 3-Part Series Program
- Speaker: Philip J. Kavesh
- Duration: 90 Minutes
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
J.D., LL.M. (Taxation), CFP®, ChFC, California State Bar Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law
Philip J. Kavesh is a nationally recognized attorney, authority, speaker, educator and technical innovator in estate planning. Phil has earned significant recognition and accolades over his approximately 33 years of practice as an estate planning attorney. Phil holds a Master’s Degree (LL.M.) in Tax Law and is a California State Bar Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law. He also has been awarded the Certified Financial Planner and Chartered Financial Consultant designations. Phil has served his fellow estate planning and financial professionals by teaching in the Golden Gate University Graduate Tax Degree and Certified Financial Planner programs. Phil…
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CE CREDIT
The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc. and the presenter are not registered Continuing Education Sponsors and this program is not pre-approved for continuing education credit for any state or regulatory agency.
However, please note that each program includes a Certificate of Completion and, depending on the license and the regulatory agency for which governs a participant’s CE credit, some professionals may be able to self-report his or her participation and receive credit. It is the responsibility of the participant to complete any process necessary to seek self-reported CE credit for his or her participation. By registering for a teleconference (or purchasing on On-Demand program), you understand that CE credit is not guaranteed or warranted by the presenter or The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc.