You Need to Know the Special Tax Rules
of REITs & MLPs
With low interest and dividend rates and higher income tax rates, investors are searching for greater yield and tax shelter.
Alternatives to stocks and bonds are becoming more attractive - - particularly real estate and oil and gas. These alternatives investments are often structured as Real Estate Investments Trusts (REITs) or Master Limited Partnerships (MLPs).
As a CPA and estate planning professional, you need to understand the special tax rules of REITs and MLPs before you can advise clients on their tax and financial planning.
Join us and nationally renowned tax authority, Robert S. Keebler, CPA, MST, AEP (Distinguished) for a very special, straightforward program entitled, “Taxation of REITs & MLPs”.
On this 90-minute program, we will address:
- Understanding REITs
- The different types of REITs
- Special tax benefits relating to real estate investments
- The specific tax rules that apply to REITs
- Advantages and disadvantages of REITs
- Understanding MLPs
- Their structure
- Special tax benefits relating to oil and gas investments
- The difference between operating (working) and non-operating interests
- Advantages and disadvantages of MLPs
- And much more!