The Tax Impact of Decanting
What you (and your clients) need to know!
If you’ve ever had clients with an irrevocable trust of any kind, you’ve probably had to tell that client, “Sorry, there’s nothing you can do because the trust is irrevocable and non-amendable!” But now you’ve got a solution, called “decanting”. Decanting has become a very popular cutting-edge strategy over the last couple of years, but before you go making recommendations to clients, you better be aware of the tax implications triggered by decanting!
This is why we have enlisted the help of nationally renowned CPA and tax expert, Robert Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA, to present a special 90-minute presentation entitled, “The Tax Impact of Decanting”.
During this program, Bob will be covering the following:
- The potential tax implications of decanting (including adverse tax consequences if you do it wrong!)
- What’s the little known impact of IRS Notice 2011-101
- Income tax issues (both federal and state) to address and avoid, including recognition of untaxed income when changing grantor trust status and the impact on NOLs and QSST status
- Gift tax issues, including what changes may create a gift by the trustee or beneficiaries
- Estate tax issues, including when marital or charitable deductions may be lost, or estate tax inclusion caused
- Generation skipping transfer tax issues, including possible loss of exempt status
- And much more!
Your purchase includes: Downloadable PDF handout materials and MP3 audio recording. A PDF transcript may be added on for an additional fee during the checkout process.