The SECURE Act Into Effect January 1st!
On December 20th, President Trump signed a spending bill which had attached to it a piece of legislation that much of the estate, tax and financial world has been anxiously awaiting for an update on called the Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Enhancement Act, otherwise known as the SECURE Act. The SECURE Act went into effect January 1st, 2020 and is about to dramatically impact retirement planning for you and your clients!
As many are aware, the most important provision of the SECURE Act to impact our clients and the planning we do for them includes the elimination of the stretch IRA in favor of the 10-year rule. This change will decrease wealth transfer and involve a need for updates and changes to clients’ estate plans.
Join us and nationally renowned CPA and IRA expert, Robert S. Keeebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA, for a special presentation replay entitled, “Tax & Estate Planning for IRAs After the SECURE Act.”
During this 90-minute presentation, Bob will cover the following:
- Urgent estate administration planning opportunities for late 2019 deaths
- Strategies all estate planners can use to help avoid disasters in case of early 2020 deaths
- Why most conduit trusts are now imprudent (or worse!) and how to resolve the potential disaster they may cause!
- Changes and strategies to help avoid a spendthrift disaster
- How to help clients select the right beneficiary to receive the IRA
- New spousal rollover trap and disclaimer planning
- Understanding the taxation of trusts named as IRA beneficiaries (IRD meets DNI)
- Examples to explain the quantitative difference under the new law
- New planning opportunities created for using CRTs to help maintain deferral and bracket management
- Mathematics of SECURE Act motivated Roth conversions for better bracket management and greater wealth transfer
- Using IRA Trusts in low tax states to achieve state tax savings by avoiding or delaying the state taxation of the lump sum payout
- How life insurance planning can be better utilized to enhance bracket management
- Using Second-to-Die insurance to increase wealth transfer
- Urgent action steps and planning you need to consider for any ill (or dying) clients
- PLUS, you will receive flowcharts, checklists and practical tools to help you and your clients!
Your purchase includes: Downloadable PDF handout materials and MP3 audio recording. A PDF transcript may be added on for an additional fee during the checkout process.