President Biden’s and Congressional Tax Proposals:
A First Look Gains at Death, Estate Tax Changes
and Income Tax Changes
President Biden announced his individual tax proposals which include a 39.6% long term capital gain rate, gain realization at death and for gifts along with major changes to the estate, gift and GST provisions of the tax law.
This is why, nationally renowned CPA and IRA expert, Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA, has put together a very special and timely presentation entitled, “President Biden’s Tax Proposals: A First Look at the Pending Storm”.
During this 60-minute presentation, Bob will cover:
Gain Realization Provisions
- Gain realization at death explained
- Gain realization at gift including 2021
- Planning to mitigate gain realization
- Exemptions and exceptions to the general gain realization rule
- Taxation of gifts to charity and CRTs
- Understanding the 21 and 30-year gain rule for existing and new trusts
- Planning with charitable trusts
- Taxation of 2021 gifts?
Estate and Gift Changes
- Decreases in the gift and estate tax exemptions and GSTT exemption
- “USE-IT-OR-LOSE-IT” Exemption Requirement
- Increases in the estate tax rate from 40% to 45%, 50% and 55%
- Possible $3,500,000 Death Exemption
- Possible $1,000,000 Gift Exemption
- Portability Retained
- Planning strategies to address now
Income Tax Changes
- Understanding the 39.6% LTCG tax rate when income exceeds $1,000,000 and how to plan
- Increase in the ordinary tax rate to 39.6% and what to do now
- Reduction in the benefit of itemized deductions
- Reduction in the benefit of retirement contributions
- Reduction in the benefit of charitable gifts
- Increase in Social Security taxation for those earning over $400,000
- Return of the PEASE limitation
- Potential of market-to-market taxation
- Best planning ideas in 2021 including timing ideas, charitable gifts, harvesting gains and Roth conversions
- Using charitable remainder trusts to smooth out income
- IRC § 453 sales to control capital gains
Your purchase includes an instantly downloadable video and audio recording, PDF handout materials, plus accompanying exhibits and examples. You get all of this and more for your office for just $149. A PDF transcript is available as an add-on for an additional fee.
- Program Title: President Biden’s Tax Proposals: A First Look at the Pending Storm
- Speaker: Robert S. Keebler
- Duration: 60 minutes
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA
Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA is a partner with Keebler & Associates, LLP and is a 2007 recipient of the prestigious Accredited Estate Planners (Distinguished) award from the National Association of Estate Planning Counsels. He has been named by CPA Magazine as one of the Top 100 Most Influential Practitioners in the United States and one of the Top 40 Tax Advisors to Know During a Recession. Mr. Keebler is the past Editor-in-Chief of CCH’s magazine, Journal of Retirement Planning, and a member of CCH’s Financial and Estate Planning Advisory Board. His practice includes family wealth transfer…
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CE CREDIT
The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc. and the presenter are not registered Continuing Education Sponsors and this program is not pre-approved for continuing education credit for any state or regulatory agency.
However, please note that each program includes a Certificate of Completion and, depending on the license and the regulatory agency for which governs a participant’s CE credit, some professionals may be able to self-report his or her participation and receive credit. It is the responsibility of the participant to complete any process necessary to seek self-reported CE credit for his or her participation. By registering for a teleconference (or purchasing on On-Demand program), you understand that CE credit is not guaranteed or warranted by the presenter or The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc.