How Do You Now Plan for
Married and Unmarried Same-Sex Couples
After the Supreme Court Decision?
On June 26th, the U.S. Supreme Court struck down the federal Defense of Marriage Act (“DOMA”), enabling married same-sex couples to enjoy the same legal rights as heterosexual married couples.
But, exactly how far-reaching is the impact of this new court decision?
As an attorney, CPA, or financial advisor, you need to know its effect on:
- Income Tax Planning Issues
- Joint tax returns
- Amended income tax returns
- Income tax returns beyond the statute of limitations
- Rollover IRAs at death
- Section 1041 and divorce issues
- Estate & Gift Tax Planning
- Inter Vivos Gifts
- Amended gift tax returns
- Gift tax returns beyond the statute of limitations
- Spousal rollover
- Beneficiary designations
- ERISA and REA
- Community Property issues
- Marital Agreements
Join us and renowned tax authority, Robert S. Keebler, CPA, MST, AEP (Distinguished) for a very special and timely presentation entitled, “Planning After the Landmark DOMA Decision”.