The IRA Stretchout Rules
Are About to Dramatically Change!
What Should You (and Your Clients) Do Now?
A new bill is about to pass in Congress that is set to become one of the biggest bills for retirement planning that we’ve seen in years. On its surface, it appears to be intended to increase workers’ qualified retirement plan options; however, buried in it is a little-known provision to offset the anticipated lost revenue by increasing the taxation of inherited IRAs by severely shortening the required minimum distribution stretchout (or payout) period!
Whether you’re a CPA, financial planner or estate planning attorney, you need to understand how these new IRA stretchout rules will work - - and, more importantly, what new and different planning you will need to recommend to your clients to adapt to them.
Join us and nationally renowned CPA and IRA expert, Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA, for a very special and timely program entitled, “IRA Planning After the SECURE Act”.
During this 90-minute presentation, Bob will give you a “first look” at this Bill and will cover the following:
- The changes in life expectancy payouts on traditional and Roth IRAs
- The “exceptions” to the new stretchout rules
- The impact of the loss of deferral and bracket compression on wealth transfer planning
- How CRTs may now be used to maintain deferral and bracket management - - the law and the math
- Why Roth IRA Conversions now make even more sense!
- How to design (or redesign) IRA beneficiary trusts and Living Trusts to avoid the conduit trust nightmare scenario!
- How to use IRA trusts in low income tax states to avoid or delay the state taxation of the larger, quicker payout
- Why and when to use life insurance on the IRA owner to enhance bracket management - - the unbiased math
- Looking at second-to-die insurance again when the IRA owner is married to increase wealth transfer
- Urgent action steps to take for the ill and dying client!
- Other effective income and estate planning strategies!
- And much more!
Your purchase includes: Downloadable PDF handouts and MP3 audio recording. You can also add on the PDF transcript to your purchase during the checkout process for an additional fee.