Are You Aware of the Complexities of
IRAs in Second Marriages
(and Are You Addressing and Solving Them All?)
As an estate planning, tax or other financial professional, you may already know that significant planning challenges are presented by second marriages, particularly where one or both spouses bring in their own children.
But the Brady Bunch nightmare only gets worse when dealing with the couple’s IRAs - - where different applicable laws often intersect and become incredibly entangled.
For example, do you know:
- How state property laws impact IRA planning?
- What are the federal REA and ERISA issues you need to identify and address?
- How state UPIA and tax accounting rules affect minimum distribution calculations?
- Why Family Trusts and QTIP Trusts may not be the best planning options for IRAs?
- How asset protection issues intertwine with your various planning options?
- Even if you think you’ve given the best possible advice, what beneficiary designation traps are still lying out there?
Learn the answers to these and other critical planning questions by joining us and nationally renowned CPA, Robert Keebler, for an in-depth, 60-minute presentation, entitled, “Complexities of IRAs in Second Marriages - - and Solutions”.