What Type of Business Entity
Is Best Under the New Tax Laws - -
and Should Your Clients Switch?
Since the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act came into effect, there’s been lots of talk about Section 199A (the 20% small business deduction) and the lower corporate tax rate (21%), but not much in-depth analysis of how to maximize these for your business owner clients… through the choice of business entity. (And even less attention on how to change an existing entity to a better one, as painlessly as possible.)
Whether you’re a financial planner, CPA or estate planning attorney, you have a great opportunity (as well as obligation) to properly advise your clients on how to best organize and manage their business entities now that the tax laws have dramatically changed.
You need to know:
- The unique and different tax treatment of partnerships, S-Corps, LLC’s, C-Corps and other business entities
- How 199A, the time value of money and the new math of double taxation should change your thinking about the choice of entity
- When an S-Corp is better than an LLC for 199A purposes and when an LLC is better than an S-Corp
- When a C-Corp is the best choice to quickly reduce debt or because of IRC Sections 1202 and 1045
- The benefit of converting from one entity to another (and how to explain it to clients and then do it!)
- How an alphabet soup of special issues can impact the choice (or change) of business entity, including:
- And others!!
Please join us and nationally renowned CPA and tax expert, Robert Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA, on Wednesday, May 29, 2019 at 9am Pacific Time (12pm Eastern Time) for a 90-minute presentation REPLAY entitled, “Choice of Business Entity after the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act”.
Your registration includes: Participation on the live teleconference replay (including Q&A via e-mail) and PDF handout materials. The MP3 audio recording and/or PDF transcript may be added onto your registration during the checkout process for an additional fee.
If you are unable to attend or wish to download these materials right away, you can purchase our On-Demand Program, which includes: Downloadable PDF handouts and MP3 audio recording. You can also add on the PDF transcript to your purchase during the checkout process for an additional fee.