Review and Rewrite Virtually Every Business Buy-Sell Agreement!
(Or learn to do it yourself right the first time!)
Very often, attorneys will simply pull out a form and draft a Buy-Sell Agreement, without much experience in implementing them or a real understanding of the issues and nuances involved.
And far too often, that “boilerplate” Buy-Sell Agreement later becomes the business litigator’s dream paycheck!
Wouldn’t it be nice to know the traps of Buy-Sell Agreements, before you fall into them?
And wouldn’t it be nice to have a practical checklist of the “Top 10 Buy-Sell Mistakes” so you can quickly review existing ones - - and gain the attention and trust of high net worth business owners?
Whether you’re an attorney, CPA, financial advisor or insurance agent, you now have an opportunity to listen and learn from one of the nation’s renowned estate planning attorneys, Paul Hood, as he shares some of his unique insights - - on a special program entitled, “10 Things to Remember About Buy-Sell Agreements”.
On this program you will learn:
- The right and wrong types of Buy-Sell for specific situations and purpose
- Why a bad Buy-Sell often is worse than none at all!
- The “triggering events”- - not just death, disability or divorce - - that need to be considered and appropriately addressed
- How to choose the right consequence for each triggering event
- Why and how Buy-Sells need to be coordinated with other legal documents, besides the estate plan
- Why and how to avoid “valuation hell”! (the right and wrong valuation methods and procedures)
- The crisis caused by improper funding approaches or worse - - none at all!
- Special hidden traps for S Corporations
- And lots of other “potholes” for the unwary!