Review and Rewrite Virtually Every
Business Buy-Sell Agreement!
(Or learn to do it yourself right the first time!)
Very often, attorneys will simply pull out a form and draft a Buy-Sell Agreement, without much experience in implementing them or a real understanding of the issues and nuances involved.
And far too often, that “boilerplate” Buy-Sell Agreement later becomes the business litigator’s dream paycheck! And often it constitutes malpractice.
Wouldn’t it be nice to know the traps of Buy-Sell Agreements, before you fall into them?
And wouldn’t it be nice to have a practical checklist of the top mistakes found in Buy-Sell Agreements, so you can quickly review existing ones - - and gain the attention and trust of high net worth business owners?
Whether you’re an attorney, CPA, financial advisor or insurance agent, you now have an opportunity to listen and learn from one of the nation’s renowned estate planning attorneys, L. Paul Hood Jr., Esq., as he shares some of his unique insights - - on a special presentation entitled, “Is YOUR Buy-Sell Agreement Up to Snuff? Things to Remember in Buy-Sell Agreements.”
During this 90-minute program, you will learn:
- The right and wrong types of Buy-Sell Agreements for specific situations and purposes
- Why a bad Buy-Sell Agreement often is worse than none at all!
- The “triggering events”- - not just death, disability or divorce - - that need to be considered and appropriately addressed
- How to choose the right consequence for each triggering event
- Why and how Buy-Sell Agreements need to be coordinated with other legal documents, besides the estate plan
- Why and how to avoid “valuation hell” - - the right and wrong valuation methods and procedures
- The crisis caused by improper funding approaches or worse - - none at all!
- Special hidden traps for S Corporations
- Some of the thorny ethical issues lurking around Buy-Sell Agreements
- And lots of other “potholes” for the unwary!
- PLUS, included in the presentation materials, you will receive:
- Whole Interest Transfer Agreement
- A Short Guide to the Interest Transfer Agreement
- The Buy-Sell Grid
- A Buy-Sell Agreement Drafting Checklist
- A Buy-Sell Agreement Review Checklist
Your purchase includes: Downloadable PDF handout materials and MP3 audio recording. A PDF transcript may be added on for an additional fee during the checkout process.