Can You Show Clients a Unique Way to
Avoid Capital Gains Taxes
Plus the 3.8% Surtax?
From time to time, you may have prospects or clients who are considering the sale of investment real estate, an expensive home, large stock holdings or a business - - but face huge combined capital gains and 3.8% net investment income taxes. If you know how to solve this problem, you can be a hero (and their preferred advisor they’ll refer their friends to)!
An often overlooked approach that can reduce or eliminate both capital gains taxes and the 3.8% Net Investment Income tax is the use of special Charitable Trusts (if you know how they work and how to properly use them).
Even if you think you already know about Charitable Remainder Trusts (“CRTs”) and how they may reduce the impact of capital gains taxes and the 3.8% surtax, you may not be aware of their most cutting-edge variations:
- The “Retirement” CRT
- The “Substantial Sale” CRT
- The “Income Shifting” CRT
- Plus the “new math” that makes CRTs better than ever!
- Plus you may not be up-to-date with the latest creative uses of Charitable Lead Trusts (“CLTs”) to reduce the 3.8% Net Investment Income, including:
- The different available CLT structures
- How to select which is best to address a client’s current tax situation
Join us and nationally renowned tax authority, Robert S. Keebler, CPA, MST, AEP (Distinguished), for a very special, straightforward presentation that will address these issues and more entitled, “Using Charitable Trusts to Avoid Capital Gains Taxes & the 3.8% Surtax”.