Why Aren’t You Doing More
Life Insurance Trusts?
You’ve heard of Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts (ILITs) many times, so why aren’t you recommending them to your clients? Is it the fear that you won’t be able to answer your clients’ questions? Is it the fear that ILITs are too complicated?
Whether you’re a life insurance agent, financial advisor, CPA or attorney, join us and nationally renowned estate planning and asset protection attorney Steve Oshins for a very timely presentation entitled, “Understanding and Using Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts”.
Steve will help you grasp the basics about ILITs, including how they are drafted and how they are funded. This session will enable you to “talk the talk” with your clients and take your practice to the next level.
On this teleconference, you will learn:
- When and why an ILIT is used
- The key design and drafting issues
- The different options for funding an ILIT, including using Crummey gifts, loans and sales
- The tax ramifications of using an ILIT
- Who can (or should) be the settlor, the trustee and the beneficiary
- Many other details that you may not know (or have been afraid to ask!)