Everything You Need to Know About Section 199A
The Advanced, In-Depth Course
From the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act, the new Section 199A 20% small business deduction has become one of the largest planning opportunities for estate planners. For those that want to take advantage of this planning opportunity, it’s important that you understand everything that you need to know about it!
Whether you’re an estate planning attorney, CPA, or financial advisor, be sure to join us and nationally renowned CPA and tax expert, Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA, on Wednesday, March 21 and Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 9am Pacific Time (12pm Eastern Time) for a special 2-part, advanced course entitled, “Section 199A: An In-Depth Look”.
During these two 90-minute presentations, Bob will cover in-depth the following:
- Specified Service Trade or Business with Income of $315,000 or Less
- How to use Trusts to Increase the Section 199A Deduction
- How Section 199A Impacts Trusts and Estates
- Specified Service Trade or Business with Income over $415,000
- Understanding the Four types of Taxpayers
- Planning for Income Between the Phase-out Limitations – A Critical Concept
- What is a Specified Service Trade or Business?
- Running the Math for Real Estate Investors
- Running the Math for a Traditional Business
- How are Professional Service Firms Treated Under Section 199A
- What is Congress Hoping to Achieve with the 20% Small Business Deduction
- Nonservice Business with Over $315,000 of Taxable Income
- Nonservice Business with Less than $315,000 of Taxable Income
- Changes in the Accuracy-Related Penalty
- Separating Professional Service Firms into a Traditional Business and a Service Firm
- Understanding the 2.5% Test and Why the Entity-by-Entity Basis is a Trap for the Unwary
- Understanding the Limitation based on W-2 Wages and Capital
- Understanding how to Use Trusts to Avoid the Capital Based Tests
- Relationship to the Net Investment Income Tax
- Increasing the Deduction Using Trusts
- Understanding the Interest Limitation on an Entity-by-Entity Basis
- Treatment of Real Estate Income and the 50% Wage Limitation and Capital Tests
- The Impact on Qualified REIT Income
- The Impact of Reasonable Compensation and Guaranteed Payments
- Choice of Entity and Section 199A
- And much, much more!
Your registration includes: Live participation on both 90-minute teleconferences, along with the PDF handout materials for you and everyone in your office for just $279. If you are unable to attend or would like to purchase the MP3 audio recordings or a PDF transcript, you can add these items to your registration for an additional fee during the checkout process.