The 2017 Tax Reform:
What Does This Mean for You & Your Clients
The moment we have been waiting for since the new President took office is finally here!
Last month, Congress released a consensus document entitled, “Unified Framework for Fixing Our Broken Tax Code”, that laid a clear framework for the new tax reform to be finalized and put into place.
As we have over the last 7 years, our goal is to keep you apprised as soon as information becomes available so that you will know what to do with these changes and how to advise your clients. This is why we have lined up none other than nationally renowned CPA and tax planning expert, Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA, for a very special and very timely program entitled “What You Need to Know About the 2017 Tax Reform”.
During this 90-minute presentation, Bob will break down for you the following in a very straightforward, what-you-need-to-know, practical manner:
- What tax planning strategies and recommendations you should make to your clients as the result from the simplification of the personal income tax brackets - - including how the potential loss of itemized deductions may impact any tax planning you may do for them.
- How a reduced top corporate rate, as well as a reduced rate for certain pass-through income, will impact your tax planning recommendations and strategies for your business owner clients (as well as for you, if you own your own practice!).
- How the 2017 Tax Reform impacts qualified retirement plans and “stretch” IRAs.
- The timing of gains and losses, ordinary income, expenses and deductions during the transition period to the new tax reform.
- What implications the repeal of the federal estate tax and the generation-skipping transfer tax may have on your high net worth clients (and what this might mean for you and your tax planning business!).
- What the elimination of the 3.8% net investment income tax means for any income tax planning that you have done and any recommendations that you may make to your wealthy clients.
- The potential planning opportunities available utilizing strategies such as split dollar, NINGs, WINGs, SINGs, and DINGs!
- And much, much more (depending on what Congress may announce)!