Planning for Professional Practices
& Other Business Entities
Under the Tax Reform Bill
Whether you’re a financial advisor, CPA, or tax or estate planning attorney, be sure to join us and one of the nation’s leading CPAs and tax experts - - Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA, on Thursday, February 1, 2018 at 11am Pacific Time (2pm Eastern Time) for a 90-minute encore presentation replay entitled, “Planning for Professional Practices & Other Business Entities Under the Tax Reform Bill”.
During this presentation, Bob will be covering the following:
- What is Congress Hoping to Achieve with The 20% Small Business Deduction
- Running the Math for a Traditional Business
- How are Professional Service Firms Treated Under Section 199A
- Running the Math for Real Estate Investors
- Understanding The Four Types of Taxpayers
- Nonservice Business with Over $315,000 of Taxable Income
- Nonservice Business with Less Than $315,000 of Taxable Income
- Specified Service Trade or Business with Income of $315,000 or Less
- Specified Service Trade or Business with Income over $415,000
- What is a Specified Service Trade or Business?
- Planning for Income Between the Phaseout Limitations – A Critical Concept
- How to Use Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution Plans to Reduce Income
- How to Design Capital Structures for Service Businesses, Traditional Businesses and Real Estate Entities
- Understanding the 2.5% Test and Why the Entity-By-Entity Basis is a Trap for the Unwary
- Separating Professional Service Firms into a Traditional Business and a Service Firm
- Understanding the limitation based on W-2 wages and capital
- Treatment of Carryover Losses
- The Impact of the Pass-Thru Deduction on Prior Year Losses
- Treatment of Real Estate Income and The 50% Wage Limitation
- The Impact of Reasonable Compensation and Guaranteed Payments
- The Impact on Qualified REIT Income
- Relationship to the Net Investment Income Tax
- Understanding the Interest Limitation on an Entity-By-Entity Basis
- Changes in the Accuracy-Related Penalty
- And much, much more!
Your registration includes: Live participation on the teleconference replay and the PDF handout materials for you and everyone in your office for just $159. If you are unable to attend or would like to purchase the MP3 audio recording or a PDF transcript, you can add these items to your registration for an additional fee during the checkout process.