Do You Know How
The Tact Cuts & Jobs Act of 2017
Impacts IRAs (and Planning for Them)?
Changes in income tax rates, Roth Conversions and the estate tax exemption require all of us to brush up on our IRA strategies. More and more wealth will be parked inside IRAs over the next few years, as qualified retirement plans are rolled over, than ever before in history.
So whether you’re an attorney, accountant or financial planner, you will undoubtedly face numerous IRA questions and issues you must be ready to address. Plus, if you have more IRA planning knowledge you can enjoy a competitive (and marketing) advantage when prospective clients are shopping for an advisor! (By the way, even if you’re already well up on the rules and planning for IRAs, here’s a quick, easy and inexpensive way to bring your associates up to speed too, so they can better assist your clients - - and you!)
Please join us and nationally renowned IRA expert, Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA, on Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 9am Pacific Time (12pm Eastern Time) for a timely presentation entitled “Just What You Need to Know About IRAs (and Planning for Them) - - After the Tax Reform”.
In this 90-minute, plain-English program designed especially for attorneys, accountants, and financial advisors, which will include valuable implementation flow charts and checklists, Bob Keebler will explain just what you need to know about IRAs:
- Special rules for taxation of Roth IRAs
- Advanced Roth IRA conversion, recharacterization and loss recognition planning
- Specific traps for the unwary: disallowed investments, prohibited transactions, UBTI, excess accumulation
- Rollovers at the first death
- Understanding the spousal rollover trap
- Which key federal and state laws apply to distribution and testamentary disposition of IRAs (and Qualified Plans)
- Community or marital property issues
- How portability planning applies to IRAs (and Qualified Plans) inherited by the spouse
- Calculating and timing required minimum distributions (“RMDs”)
- How the RMD “stretchout” rules work for IRAs inherited by someone other than a spouse (including the impact of the Pension Protection Act on Qualified Plans)
- Common mistakes to avoid with “Inherited IRAs”
- Disclaimer planning
- Accomplishing a spousal rollover when the IRA passes directly to an estate or living trust
- Qualifying a trust as a “designated beneficiary” to maximize RMD stretchout
- How to designate the IRA beneficiary properly, to avoid the “no separate share” rule that can limit the stretchout
- The differences between “conduit” and “accumulation” trusts when calculating RMDs and providing creditor protection
- Post-mortem “fixes” of problematic trust provisions and beneficiary designation forms
- Common mistakes to avoid when paying IRAs to trusts
- And much, much more!
There simply isn’t another IRA program this comprehensive, while also simple and easy to attend, understand and immediately apply in your practice!
Your registration includes: Live participation on the teleconference and the PDF handout materials for you and everyone in your office for just $149. If you are unable to attend or would like to purchase the MP3 audio recording or a PDF transcript, you can add these items to your registration for an additional fee during the checkout process.