Forget Estate Tax Planning - -
You Need to Be Doing
Income Tax Planning!
(and you can add this to your practice without hours or years of study!)
Given the higher estate tax exemption, fewer than 4/10 of 1% of estates will face estate taxes anymore. The real concern of most of your clients is now income taxes - - ordinary and capital gains taxes, federal and state.
And, even if you don’t regularly provide income tax planning, you can as part of your estate planning if you learn some core concepts and how to apply them.
Robert Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA can show you how on Thursday, July 6th, 2017 at 9am Pacific Time (12pm Eastern Time) in a special 90-minute teleconference entitled, “Income Tax is the New Estate Tax”. On this call you will learn:
- How to capture the maximum capital gains step-up at death
- When to consider lifetime gifts (even though they won’t get step-up)
- Which states offer better income tax laws for estates and trusts, and how to fall under their jurisdiction
- How to properly balance both estate taxes and income taxes when making the portability election (and choosing whether to fund a Bypass Trust)
- The “new math” of utilizing portability with IRAs
- FLPs and planning for valuation adjustments
- Using GRAT “Hedges”
- And much more!