Forget Estate Tax Planning - -
You Need to Be Doing
Income Tax Planning!
(and you can add this to your practice!)
Given the higher estate tax exemption, fewer than 4/10 of 1% of estates will face estate taxes anymore. The real concern of most estates is now income taxes - - ordinary and capital gains, federal and state.
And, even if you don’t regularly provide income tax planning, you can as part of your estate planning if you learn some core concepts and how to apply them.
Nationally renowned CPA and tax expert, Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA can show you how for a special 90-minute presentation entitled, “Income Tax is the New Estate Tax”.
During this presentation, you will learn:
- How to capture the maximum capital gains step-up at death
- When to consider lifetime gifts (even though they won’t get step-up)
- Which states offer better income tax laws for estates and trusts, and how to fall under their jurisdiction
- How to properly balance both estate taxes and income taxes when making the portability election (and choosing whether to find a Bypass Trust)
- The “new math” of utilizing portability with IRAs
- FLPs and planning for valuation adjustments
- Using the GRAT “Hedges”
- And much more!
Download the handout materials and audio recording today!