Do You Really Know How to Utilize
Bracket Management to Help Your Clients
in a Five-Dimensional Tax System?
In recent years, it has become more and more complex to income tax plan for clients. And yes, this system may change, but you still have to be able to know how to navigate through this five-dimensional tax system while it’s still in place. This includes regular tax, alternative minimum tax, net investment income tax, phase-out of itemized deductions, and the increased 39.6% bracket (including higher capital gains tax rates). And, as if that isn’t hard enough, you have to be able to do this in conjunction with running multi-year scenarios so that you can get a clear picture of the future tax landscape for your clients too.
What this means is that virtually every financial and tax planning decision that your clients make (or that you recommend) needs to be analyzed through the lens of this current five-dimensional tax system.
The most important and effective way to start this analysis is with bracket management planning. Whether you’re an estate planning attorney, CPA, financial advisor or life insurance agent, you now have an unprecedented opportunity to demonstrate your value to clients by providing unique and impactful guidance and recommendations utilizing bracket management planning.
You don’t have to learn about bracket management planning on your own. Instead, you can join us and nationally renowned tax expert, Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA, for a plain-English, what-you-need-to-know presentation entitled, “How to Properly Utilize Bracket Management in Income Tax Planning”.
On this 90-minute presentation, you will learn:
- The fundamentals of bracket management planning theory
- Basic income “smoothing” strategies, including planning for capital gains and retirement plan contributions
- Advanced smoothing strategies, including the use of certain types of trusts and alternative structuring of transactions
- How to analyze and use Roth IRA Conversions when doing bracket management planning
- How and why borrowing from life insurance policies might be a good planning strategy for your clients
- Sample case studies
- And much, much more!