With the Most Significant Tax Reform
to Hit Our Country in Over 30 Years…
You Better Know What to Do
and How to Advise Your Clients!
This is it! The final Tax Bill is here and massive changes are coming. You need to be on top of these changes and be ready to properly advise and make planning recommendations to your clients - - or someone else will!
As we have in the past, we will decipher all of the legal mumbo jumbo and break it down into just the practical, “what you need to know”.
Whether you’re a financial advisor, CPA, or tax or estate planning attorney, be sure to join us and one of the nation’s leading CPAs and tax experts - - Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA, for a special 2-part presentation (of 90 minutes each) entitled, “What Every Advisor Needs to Know About Tax Reform for 2018 Planning & Beyond”.
On Part 1, Bob will present an overview of the Bill, including:
- Practice Altering Changes to Drafting, Planning and the Administration of Estates Including Doubling the Gift, Estate and GST Exemption
- Immense Changes to the Taxation of C-Corps – An Estate Planners Perspective
- Massive Changes to the Taxation of Pass Thru Income, the Law, the Numbers the Opportunity and the TRAPs
- The Complete Overhaul and Repeal of Most Itemized Deductions
- Individual Tax Changes including SALT, Charitable, AMT, Standard Deduction and PEASE limitation
- Tactical and Strategic Planning for the AMT Revisions
- The New Section 461 Fourth Loss Limitation Provision
- Immediate Considerations When Choosing a Fiscal Year for Estates and Trusts Including Rates and Pass-Through Issues
- Changes to the Tactical and Strategic Use of CRTs, CLTs, NINGs, Non-Grantor Trusts and Partnerships
- December 31, 2017 Changes to Roth Recharacterization Provisions and Roth Conversions After Tax Reform
- Life Insurance After Tax Reform
- Reduction in the Corporate Tax Rate and Likely Strategic and Tactical Opportunities
- The Separation of Pass-Through Business Income From The Traditional Ordinary Income Approach
- A Mathematical Comparison of C-Corp and Pass-Through Taxation After Tax Return
- Further Ample Coverage of New Concepts Not in Earlier Bills
- ACTION STEPs for CPAs
- ACTION STEPs for Financial Planners
- ACTION STEPs for Estate and Trust Lawyers
- And much more!
Then, on Part 2, Bob will give you a more detailed look at the following:
- A Policy Perspective – What Congress is Hoping to Achieve
- Impact on Trusts and Estates – What Every Estate Planning Lawyer Needs to Know
- Taxation of Professional Practices
- What is a Specified Service Business?
- What is the Cliff Phaseout?
- The Impact of the Pass-Thru Deduction on Prior Year Losses
- Relationship to the Net Investment Income Tax
- Relationship to the Interest Limitation and New Expensing and Depreciation Rules
- Tax Planning for Small Business Entities
- The Impact on Real Estate Entities
- Should Small Business Owners Still Create Pension and Profit Sharing Plans
- Should S-Corps Revoke Their S-Corp Election and Become a C-Corp
- Estate Planner’s Pass Thru Checklist
- Further Detailed Coverage of New Concepts Not in Earlier Bills
- Estate Tax Planning After Tax Reform
- New GST and Dynasty Trust Planning
- The Mathematics of Estate Planning – Income Tax Basis Versus the Estate Tax
- Reforming and Decanting Trusts to Add a GPOA
- And much, much more!
Be informed, so you can best serve your clients.