Now, more than ever, it has become increasingly harder to run a successful estate planning practice. The increased “permanent” estate tax exemption has reduced the amount of planning needed for clients and it’s become necessary for estate planners to figure out something new and exciting to offer clients.
But, wouldn’t it be nice to help your existing clients and also make more revenue, without having to revise their estate plans or sell a maintenance plan?
For over a decade, our Successor Trustee Manual has proven to be a great addition to Phil’s law firm. This Manual is based upon over 35 years of unique experience in handling over 3,500 trust administrations after clients have passed. Its contents, however, are generic and can apply to just about any Living Trust plan. The Successor Trustee Manual contains over 150 pages chock-full of helpful, plain-English checklists and step-by-step procedures which will definitely prove invaluable to your clients and their Successor Trustees, by helping minimize potential legal fees, aggravation and anxiety!
Its contents, however, are generic enough to just about any Living Trust plan from any state. This Manual is so clearly instrumental to the proper implementation of a client’s plan, that it is an easy, “no-brainer” purchase decision (either separately or as something you add to new plans you do and command a higher fee or use as a “throw-in” to convince prospects to do business with you!).
You will definitely want to add this great product to your practice right away!
REQUEST TO DOWNLOAD A FREE CHAPTER
To preview a chapter of the Manual, simply complete the request below and we will e-mail you a chapter to review and help you make your purchase decision.
NOTE: This Manual is currently not available for purchase by the general public. If you’re a Trustor or a Successor Trustee of a Living Trust and need some legal advice, please contact qualified legal counsel located in your state. If you need assistance locating an attorney, please feel free to contact us and we will do our best to help you find an attorney in your area.
What’s Included in The Successor Trustee Manual Package?
There are three different options available—BASIC, STANDARD and PREMIUM.
THE BASIC PACKAGE
The Basic Package is the cheapest option, because it allows you to digitally download the files to your computer and no physical product is prepared and shipped to your office. This package includes the following:
- Modifiable Successor Trustee Manual with 150+ easy-to-follow pages chock-full of helpful, plain-English checklists and step-by-step procedures which will definitely prove invaluable to your clients and their Successor Trustees, by helping minimize potential legal fees, aggravation and anxiety! (View the Trustee Manual Table of Contents)
- Client Marketing Letter & Flyer to help inform your clients of this unique product and get them to start ordering Manuals from you!
- Simple PowerPoint Presentation and Script so that you have the necessary tools to create a simple 20-minute video presentation of your own or utilize this in your one-on-one meetings or other seminars. (NOTE: The Basic Package does not include the Quick-Start DVD, but you do have the option to add this to your order when checking out)
- One-on-One Sales Script to help you sell more of these Manuals to your existing clients and to use it for marketing leverage to help you close more estate planning and estate administration cases.
THE STANDARD PACKAGE
The Standard Package is our most popular package. In addition to the Basic Package, the Standard Package includes the following:
- Sample Binder with the complete Successor Trustee Manual printed and assembled with tabs in a binder and a Trustee Consultation Certificate will also accompany the Manual. (Sample Manual not as shown above)
- The Quick-Start DVD entitled “What the Successor Trustee Needs to Know First” is a 20-minute video presentation of estate planning attorney, Philip Kavesh, covering the “what you need to know” for Trustees. This DVD is intended to be a sample video for you to see how Phil’s firm presents the Trustee Manual for its clients and to help you replicate a similar video presentation for your practice.
THE PREMIUM PACKAGE
The Premium Package contains all of the features of the Standard Package, but it adds a personalized, one-on-one implementation sessions with a Product Specialist. In addition to the features in the Standard Package, you will also receive:
- Three(3) 30-minute Implementation Sessions with a Product Specialist who will help walk you through all of the materials you receive, better understand your initial and next action steps, and help you through any roadblocks or challenges in implementing this product. This is a great way to ensure that you get the most out of your product purchase! (NOTE: Implementation Sessions must be used within 12 months of purchase)
The Successor Trustee Manual Package includes modifiable documents in Microsoft Word format for you to be able to easily edit and customize. The Quick-Start DVD presentation is in Microsoft PowerPoint. There is very little customization necessary, except for your firm’s name and contact information. Any references to California law (which are few and minimal) have been highlighted for you to make modifying the Trustee Manual easier.
Frequently Asked Questions about The Successor Trustee Manual
Below are common questions that customers have about this particular product that might be helpful to you in your purchasing decision:
- Q: I’m not in California. Will the Trustee Manual still apply to me and my clients?
A: Absolutely! While drafted for Phil’s law firm, which is based in California, we designed this Manual to be as generic and as least state-specific as possible. The Manual is written in plain-English and is really intended to give a Successor Trustee enough information about what to do (and what not to do) when called to act, but it advises Successor Trustees to seek professional guidance from a qualified estate planning attorney, CPA, and financial advisor. Also, keep in mind that you have the flexibility to customize and make the Trustee Manual whatever you want it to be.
- Q: I’m not an attorney. Can I still purchase the Trustee Manual?
A: Yes. The Manual is not intended to provide any kind of legal advice to clients and/or their Successor Trustees. It would be recommended for a non-attorney to consider adding additional disclaimers throughout the Manual to make it very clear to consumers that you are not an attorney and that the Manual is not intended to provide legal advice of any kind.
- Q: Can I see a list of the Table of Contents?
A: Yes, please click here to view the Trustee Manual Table of Contents.
- Q: How much does Phil’s law firm sell these Manuals for and how does he present it to the clients?
A: Phil’s law firm sells the Successor Trustee Manual for $199 each and $99 for any additional Manuals. He has certain estate planning packages that might include this Manual in the total fixed fee and he also utilizes the Trustee Manual in the estate administration process to help engage more clients and provide additional guidance to any Successor Trustee prospects and clients. He provides clients a professionally produced vinyl binder with gold embossing of his law firm’s name and logo (as shown on the right). This Manual matches the same kind of Manuals that the Living Trust, Beneficiary Manual, IRA Inheritance Trust® and other plans that may be presented to the clients. This particular binder material is currently discontinued by the manufacturer. Once an updated Manual has been designed and produced, we will provide binder vendor information where you can get customized binders. (NOTE: The sample binder provided with this package will NOT look like the binder shown here. Information about how you can acquire binders like the ones used in Phil Kavesh’s law firm will be provided to you in your package.)
- Q: How do I get any updates to the Trustee Manual?
A: The Trustee Manual was updated to appropriately reflect the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 and, frankly, has not required a whole lot of updates or maintenance since its original publication. The Trustee Manual was intended to be written in plain English and does not require a lot of updates, maintenance, or on-going service (by Phil’s law firm for its clients, by us for our purchasers/licensees, and by you for your own clients). If we do have an update to this product, we will notify any prior purchasers and, depending on the update, there may be a fee to purchase the update.