One of the biggest breakthroughs in estate planning in the past few years was the creation of a standalone trust instrument for IRAs, 401(k)’s and other retirement assets. This trust strategy, which effectively is described as a “Living Trust for an IRA“SM, was not only created to provide better estate planning options for retirement assets, but the Internal Revenue Service also gave its stamp of approval on the strategy back in 2005 (see PLR200537044).
Estate planning attorney, Philip Kavesh, developed the IRA Inheritance Trust® and has not only drafted hundreds of these trusts for his clients, but he’s also tested the strategy through the proper post-death administration of this trust for his clients as well. And now, this unique planning strategy is available for other attorneys across the country as well through our IRA Inheritance Trust® Legal Document Form & Training Package.
See the Details tab for more information about what is included in this package.
What’s included in The IRA Inheritance Trust® Legal Document Form & Training Package?
The IRA Inheritance Trust® Legal Document Form & Training Package comes with the following items:
- Single & Married IRA Inheritance Trust® Legal Document Form
- IRA Inheritance Trust® Beneficiary Designation Form
- IRA Inheritance Trust® Trust Certification
- IRA Inheritance Trust® Disclosure Statement
- IRA Inheritance Trust® Planning Checklist & Intake Form
- Special Needs Trust language for the IRA Inheritance Trust®
- Amendments to the Revocable Living Trust Document (for the IRA Inheritance Trust®)
Technical Training Module, including:
- 2.5 Hour Technical Training Audio
- IRA Inheritance Trust® FAQ’s
- IRA Inheritance Trust® Guidelines for Use
- Sample Beneficiary Designation Forms & Custodian Hold Harmless Language
- Various Articles, PLRs & Resources
Sample binder (Standard & Premium Packages Only) of the complete IRA Inheritance Trust® Owner’s Manual assembled so you can see how Mr. Kavesh’s law firm packages and delivers this unique trust to his clients. (Sample binder not as shown)
- Table of Contents
- Other Ancillary Legal Documents included with the Owner’s Manual
- IRA Inheritance Trust® Color Flow Chart
- Trust Review Checklist
All of the legal document forms come in a modifiable Microsoft Word format for you to be able to easily modify, edit and assemble (or add to your existing word processing software). NOTE: This is NOT a software program and there are no automated/macro-type functions with our forms. While drafted for Mr. Kavesh’s law firm based out of California, this strategy is based on federal law and has applicability to all states.
Below are some educational programs, products and resources related to the IRA Inheritance Trust® that you might also be interested in:
- The Traps & Tricks of Drafting IRA Beneficiary Trusts (90 minutes)
- How to Market & Sell More IRA Beneficiary Trusts (90 minutes)
- Proper Post-Death Administration of IRA Beneficiary Trusts (90 minutes)
Articles & Private Letter Rulings:
- Private Letter Ruling 200537044 (approving the standalone IRA Inheritance Trust®)
- PLR200537044: Defective or Just Misunderstood?
- Standalone IRA Trust vs. The Living Trust
- Using Standalone or Separate Trusts Solely to Receive Retirement Benefits (Journal of Retirement Planning – November/December 2007)
- New IRS Ruling Validates the IRA Inheritance Trust® (Robert Keebler – 2005)
- The IRA Inheritance Trust® Gains IRS Approval (Ed Slott’s IRA Advisor – January 2006)
- Ensuring the Stretchout (Journal of Retirement Planning – July/August 2007)
- An Effective Trust Solution for IRA Beneficiary “Stretch-Outs” (Life Insurance Selling – November 2005)
- The Home Stretch (Investment Advisor – October 2005)
- A Brand New Strategy to Protect Your Family: The IRA Inheritance Trust® (Tax Hotline – April 2006)